Priceline Hotel: Boston Hotel Help 8/12-8/17

milcro
By milcro,
in

We are traveling to Boston and need hotel help. We would prefer to stay at a 3.5 star hotel, but are aiming to bid no more than $125.00. When we visited the listed hotels the only hotel that has gone up in price according to the hotels' websites is Sheraton Boston. Prices are as follow: Sheraton $258, Boston PP $233, Hilton BB $237, and Marriott $289. It seems like Priceline keeps raising their median price on the bidding page, does this mean the price will not come down. Please help. I don't see any information on 2.5* hotels does anyone have any details? How about 2*, is John Hancock the only 2* hotel. thank you for your help.

Two weeks ago I bid on a 3.5 star hotel for 9-9-10 - 9-12-10 and got the Marriott - Copley Square for $120.00 ( I started out with $85.00 and continued to bid each day until I finally won it). It seems that the only other 3.5 that is winning bids in that area is the Sheraton Boston. I first tried for a 4* but quit after $165.00, so your budget of $125.00 will probably get you a 3.5 or less. I looked at the reviews for both the Marriott & Sheraton-Copley Square and the Sheraton on Tripadvisor.com-The Sheraton gets a little better reviews, although the Marriott seems pretty nice, too. Not sure how Priceline works regarding median pricing. Don't know when you are needing the room, but I was told by Marriott reservation desk that August & early Sept. are very busy because of incoming college students w/family staying.

We are traveling to Boston and need hotel help. We would prefer to stay at a 3.5 star hotel, but are aiming to bid no more than $125.00. When we visited the listed hotels the only hotel that has gone up in price according to the hotels' websites is Sheraton Boston. Prices are as follow: Sheraton $258, Boston PP $233, Hilton BB $237, and Marriott $289. It seems like Priceline keeps raising their median price on the bidding page, does this mean the price will not come down. Please help. I don't see any information on 2.5* hotels does anyone have any details? How about 2*, is John Hancock the only 2* hotel. thank you for your help.
Nobody can see if prices will come down... or continue higher; it's all based upon supply and demand and how actual reservations/cancellations come in relative to expectations. However, with this noted, you should ignore the average prices shown by PRICELINE as they're not meaningful to your bidding.

Have you placed bids already up to $125? Which zones did you include in your bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Two weeks ago I bid on a 3.5 star hotel for 9-9-10 - 9-12-10 and got the Marriott - Copley Square for $120.00
Can you please share your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others are aware of it when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Nobody will know to look here to learn of your win for your dates and the information can help another users.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"However, with this noted, you should ignore the average prices shown by PRICELINE as they're not meaningful to your bidding."

thereuare, why should that average price be ignored? Is it meaningless?

We are also having a tough time finding a 3.5+ hotel in either Cambridge or Back Bay for Aug. 12-14 and have bid up to $95. There's a deal on Travelzoo for a Cambridge hotel for $119 that I can do if Priceline fails me. I'm trying every day.

thereuare, why should that average price be ignored? Is it meaningless?
It's meaningless in determining a bid amount :)

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just bid using the PRICELINE link and all five free rebids, and no bite. I was bidding for Copley/ Theatre District, and went all the way to $135, and nothing. BOo priceline.

Do you know of any additional hotels in 2*copley/theatre aside from John Hancock?

I don't see any 2.5* in copley/theatre, but I see the category as an option. Do you know of any 2.5* hotels in the area?

All hotels reported to the board would be in the Priceline Hotel List. However, as noted at the top of that page it only contains hotels reported to the board, so there could always be (and likely are) others which are not yet known... especially at the lower star ratings since in this area most bid 3* and higher.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]