Emergency re-scheduling? Any experiences?

AutumnSpring
By AutumnSpring,
in

Sorry to hear about the situation, I hope everything is okay! :) :)

I would definitely call HOTWIRE. Really not sure if they'll be able to do anything, but I'd just

explain the situation and plead your case. Tell them you'll take a credit, that you aren't looking for a refund.

Let us know how it goes, and again, hope everything is ok.

You need to call HOTWIRE. Unless it involves moving your arrival/departure date by a couple of days, the Hotel will be of no help.

I think best case scenario for you is a refunded credit for use on Hotwire (not cash).

I've had this come up with both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE. Several years ago, I booked a trip to Wisconsin and Pricelined my hotels and car there. Then, the airline (Skybus) collapsed. PRICELINE refunded all of my money for the hotels and car rental. However, last year, the same thing happened again - I booked a trip to Minneapolis, and the airline (JetAmerica) collapsed. This time, no luck. I get the strong impression that PRICELINE will give you one freebie.

Your situation, however, involves HOTWIRE. They have been much more flexible with me. I've rebooked at least four times the past 2 years. However, I use them so much I've been upgraded to Hotwire Express - that may mean I get more TLC with customer service. Still, I think that they'll give you one freebie for credit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]