Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Dupont Hotel

5stans
By 5stans,
in

I am looking at HOTWIRE for the nights of 10/13–10/19 and would like your best guess.

The first is 4 1/2 stars in the Dupont Circle area. A bed choice is offered. 95% recommendations. $223

Amenities include:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness center access (additional charge may apply)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center (additional charge may apply)

High-speed Internet Access (additional charge may apply)

Tennis Nearby

The next is 4 stars in the White House-Capitol Hill area. 85% recommendations. $179

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center (additional charge may apply)

High-speed Internet Access (additional charge may apply)

Is it better to wait than to buy now? I checked the availability for September and it looked as if the rates were slightly higher.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

The 4.5* matches previous reports for the Fairfax at Embassy Row while the 4* matches the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, so this would be my best guess for each.

As far as when to bid, how do the rates above compare to a direct purchase? Are either of the above a hotel that you would want more so than others in the zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping that the 4.5* was the Palomar because its site says that it is near tennis courts and the 95% recommendations. On Tripadvisor it gets a 90%, while the Fairfax is at 73%.

The rates at all hotels for direct purchase are high.

HOTWIRE also has a 3* hotel with a 90% recommendation for $164.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry Facilities.

And a 3.5* hotel with a 90% recommendation for $189.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High speed internet access

Any ideas?

Whoops! They are in the Dupont Circle area.

I am looking for a place which is not too far from the National Geographic headquarters. It needs to be in a safe area and a safety box which accommodates a laptop would be preferrable.

I have made several bids on Priceline for a 4 star in Dupont Circle. The most recent was for $150.17 (includes bonus dollars). When I didn't get my first bid, I tried breaking my stay into parts and increasing my bid, hoping that if I got a room for one group of days that I could go back on bid on the remaining day. I know that this is taking a chance that I might need to change hotels in the middle of my trip.

The reason that I am bidding on 4* hotels is that some of the 3* and 3 1/2* hotels are rated very poorly on TripAdvisor. I really don't care if the hotel is fancy.

I'm not seeing the 3.5* above on a current search for your full dates (was this for a subset of your dates above?) and instead am seeing the 3.5* Beacon Hotel for $227/nite.

The 3* matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Central (1501 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest)

Although the guess for the 4* was the Fairfax and not the Palomar, would the Fairfax not work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The amenities for the 4* above are common for the area, but these do match previous results for the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the same deal at Hotwire as Hungryintheblurbs:

4* Dupont Circle/Embassy Row for $169. Amenities are no smoking, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet

Available from 10/13-10/18.

If I change it to 10/13-10/19, the price changes to $174.

So I assume both are also for the Hotel Dupont.

However, I will also be staying the night of the 10/19-10/20 (as Jet Blue canceled my original flight).

the

I didn't get a similar offering for 10/13-10/20. But for 10/19-10/20 the only hotel with the same details comes up for $246.

I really don't want to move in the middle of my stay. On Trip Advisor, I found the only other 4* hotel in the area is the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel.

What do you think my chances are that both listings are for the Hotel Dupont. Given the rates this time of year it sounds like a good deal!

Thanks,

I decided to take a chance and made two reservations through HOTWIRE (getting there from BetterBidding).

Both were turned out to be the Hotel Dupont.

For Oct 13 to Oct 19, it was $174/night

For the night of the 19th it was 264.

Given that almost all hotels (including 2 and 3 star ) in the area during this period of time are over $300, I feel that I got a great deal.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and the deal you received.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, since your purchase for the nite of 10/19 is drastically different then the other nites of your stay, please post that win as a NEW TOPIC so that others will see prominently see the rate difference as well as have each appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]