Hotwire Hotel: 4* Napa (Santa Rosa-Rohnert-Petaluma) Sheraton Senona County Petaluma

ladybugsea
By ladybugsea,
in

Bidding for my mom, she is open to Sonoma, etc, would like to keep it under $100 (is open to cheap motel with a drive if it comes down to that). I was thinking of starting with 3.5* Napa, but then I don't have as many rebids, plus it's Labor Day weekend. Found on Hotwire: 3.5*, $192, 95%, 4.5 on TA, non-smoke, fitness, pool, rest, busin, internet, spa (River Terrace Inn?). Other hotel prices listed on Priceline: Marriott 229, Embassy Suites 244, River Terrace Inn 256. Need some guidance here, not sure where to start, prices seem like they might be steep for these dates. Thanks!

It's not really clear what your/her priorities are for this stay... there are 7 selectable zones in this region, are all of these acceptable? Exactly which zones, by PRICELINE name, is she willing to accept? Does she want the highest rated hotel within a $100 limit in any of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Basically I am making the call, I think I'll keep the zones to Napa and Sonoma for now. Perhaps I should try 4* Napa, then do a new set with 3.5* Napa, then move on to do the same for Sonoma? Although trying for 4* is probably a waste of time. Mostly I guess I'm looking for guidance on bidding price, I'm not sure where to start.

Hmm, I'm looking more closely at these great 3.5* wins in the 50s-60 in Fairfield and Santa Rosa. How convenient is it to stay in those areas? I think she might prefer this. And also, are there any undesirable hotels that come up (for example I was bidding in Monterey today and avoided 3* in Carmel because I read there was a hotel to avoid there)?

I'll leave it to somebody more local to the area to mention how convenient staying in Fairfield and/or Santa Rosa is, but you might want to mention what your mom intends to do in this area as it would therefore be easier to comment in regards to convenience.

Once you decide upon zone and star rating we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So Sonoma or Napa would probably be the most convenient.
I just bid up to $70 for 3.5* Santa Rosa...

If Napa and Sonoma are the most convenient for her stay, why bid Santa Rosa first?? Have you tried bidding these other two zones?

Please list the acceptable zones as well as your bidding limit for a 3.5* hotel (assuming based upon your bid above that is where you'd like to start) and then your bidding limit for a 3* hotel. We'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

I did initially bid 3.5* $85 Napa, but didn't post it because I thought it was unrealistic (the screen even said 'small chance' before I bid). I also entered Sonoma 4* $100 (didn't actually bid on this one) and got the same screen message. I didn't try Sonoma lower star because I don't see any wins ever. So then I tried Santa Rosa as I posted. I talked with my mom, she would rather stay in Santa Rosa for $50-$60 than Napa/Sonoma for $100, but I'm not sure that I will be able to get that. Acceptable zones are Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, possibly Fairfield. I would say 3.5* up to $70, 3* I'm not sure, it looks like some may be undesirable, I will have to spend more time looking at wins to decide on that rating. Thanks again!

Acceptable zones are Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, possibly Fairfield.

Let us know once you determine definitively which zones you're willing to accept and your maximum bid at each star rating, no matter how unreaslistic.. even if the bid is not likely to be won, if the zone is acceptable, it can then still be used for the purpose of gaining additional bidding opportunities.

Fairfield isn't near the city of Napa, nor is it a nice place to stay. That's why the listings there are 1 star motels.

And not sure when you say Napa and Sonoma whether you mean the counties or the cities, which are close to each other. Santa Rosa is far from the town of Napa. The city of Sonoma is not.

Priceline shows an area map when bidding, so you can get an idea of the regions.

There are a lot of cheapish motels along highway 101 from Petaluma to Santa Rosa. Unfortunately prices are high/inflated for the holiday weekend, with places like Comfort Inns going for $200.

Generally Napa lodging is not in chain or business hotels, which is why Priceline is hard for that area. It's full of luxury B&Bs with prices to match.

If the prices seem inflated, you might look instead at the motels in Calistoga. They are privately owned, and some are funky, but many include mineral springs pools.

Windy Thank you so much for your input. Yes, I have been looking on the Priceline maps, and some areas do seem quite far from the towns on Napa/Sonoma (Priceline shows a distance legend). I have found the following on Hotwire: Napa 3*, complimentary breakfast, fitness, pool, internet- $114, 3.5 TA. This seems like it could be a match for the Best Western (hotel rates are $169, $110 for each night). Not the greatest deal, but I'm concerned I won't find anything else.

I'm a local (live about 30 mins south of Napa) and agree if you're looking for a holiday weekend in the wine country, don't stay in Fairfield. On the other hand, Santa Rosa is very much a part of the wine country, so I would include that in your Napa/Sonoma searches IF you simply want to be "in the wine country" in general vs. specifically in Napa or Sonoma.

I'll do some price checking around and hopefully come back with some suggestions. While you're definitely not going to get bargain basement prices over a holiday weekend, I don't think it's time to push the panic button either. At least not four weeks out...

BEAV Thanks so much for the info. What about Petaluma? On Hotwire for $94 I found Santa Rosa-Rohnert-Petaluma 4*

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Laundry, rec 95%, 4.5 on TA. Seems like a match for Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma. Not a huge deal ($127 at hotel website) but affordable and great reviews. What do you think? Is this convenient enough, should I just book it?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]