Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Cambridge) Best Western Tria

mandaring
By mandaring,
in

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me possibly identify this hotel? I am looking at Hotwire, for dates 08/02/10 - 08/05/10 for 1 room, 2 adults in the Boston area. I have a 3* hotel for $108/night in the Charlestown - Bunker Hill area. The amenities are: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet Access, and Tennis Nearby.

I have searched the hotel list, and don't see this area listed. Just wondering if it may be under a different name? Also, could anyone give insight as to whether this is a nice area to stay? I have never been to Boston and am going next week to help my friend find an apartment there. She wants to live in the Cambridge area, but we are on a budget of no more than $120/night for the hotel, and I am not really finding anything close in that price range for Cambridge. I have been trying to Priceline it, but have been rejected on every bid so far, I've gone up to $110. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have always had great success with this site and the help that people have given. Thank you in advance!!!!

Amanda

The Charlestown property above has not yet been reported to the board as we don't see this area sought after very often, and with just 45% recommended by HOTWIRE users and a low quality score on most aspects that HOTWIRE asks for feedback on, i think this is one to avoid.

Since you want to be in Cambridge how about the 3* on HOTWIRE in the Cambridge zone for $126/nite with Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast... it's just $6 over your budget, but when you include that you won't need to buy breakfast and/or coffee, maybe you can consider this to be inline with your budget? Best guess is that this is the Best Western Tria, but i'll point out that the Tripadvisor rating shown by HOTWIRE doesn't match the current rating shown by TA, but this doesn't exclude this from being the Best Western since the HOTWIRE info is not updated in realtime (only update about once per month) so the rating may have changed since the last update.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Would this work for your needs/plans?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here are my thoughts:

First off, you should really close off this thread with what you end up doing on your trip. You probably won't, but you really should...

There are two hotels in that zone according to TripAdvisor...

Constitution Inn

and...

Marriott Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

The set of amenities and the low rating lead me to believe this is the Constitution Inn, not the Marriott.

How's that for sleuthing???

Not sure what I did to deserve the rude sarcasm, I was simply waiting until I got back from my vacation to post (which was today). I hope that's ok with you :) . We ended up booking the Best Western through the HOTWIRE link that thereuare mentioned in his previous post for $126/night. It was a nice hotel for the price and was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was a nice benefit. Thank you thereuare and AaronJB for the help and insight as always.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and in your desired zone for just a few dollar more than your original budget.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]