Priceline Hotel: 3* Charlottesville Omni Charlottesville Hotel

KoMarik
By KoMarik,
in

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $70.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $140.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $24.58 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $164.58 (USD)

Started bidding a few days earlier at about $45 - kept being rejected, after increasing my bid by $5. The lowest for 3* for the same date on Hotwire was $79, so $70 was a decent deal, and about as high as I was willing to go. Looking forward to the trip. Thanks for a useful resource!

I have been bidding for about a week and half in Charlottesville with no success for 8/7. Difficult area to try to guage your bid with only 1 zone and big range of reported win prices (I guess typical for a college town). My last bids were $ 57 for a 3* and $ 49 for a 2-1/2*. There is a 3* on Hotwire for $65 (although just went up to $ 69 today) which I believe is the Holiday Inn University. I think I will try two more bids up to around $ 65 for a 3*; and if not successful, I will probably make the Hotwire purchase if still in the $ 65 to $ 70 range - even though the Holiday Inn has very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor.

I've seen $65 on HW, but a weekday unfortunately. It appears that Saturday prices are a bit higher. But I agree with you re: difficult area. Town is too small, one area, too few hotels. Oh well. Omni appears to be a good hotel though, although we'll see after I get to stay there.

I have been bidding for about a week and half in Charlottesville with no success for 8/7. Difficult area to try to guage your bid with only 1 zone and big range of reported win prices (I guess typical for a college town). My last bids were $ 57 for a 3* and $ 49 for a 2-1/2*. There is a 3* on Hotwire for $65 (although just went up to $ 69 today) which I believe is the Holiday Inn University. I think I will try two more bids up to around $ 65 for a 3*; and if not successful, I will probably make the Hotwire purchase if still in the $ 65 to $ 70 range - even though the Holiday Inn has very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]