Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Sheraton

jcm81
By jcm81,
in

I'm planning a trip to Boston from Oct. 1 to Oct. 3 and am willing to stay in any of the following zones:

Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium

Boston Waterfront - Convention Center

Copley Square - Theatre District

Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall - Financial

I bid from $80 to $150 for a 3.5* using the free re-bid zones but no luck. This seems a lot higher than a lot of other successful bids in these areas so I was surprised not to get anything. Is there something going on this weekend?

I'm willing to stay in a 3* but am also thinking it might be better to just wait. On Hotwire the best 3* is $199/night and the best 3.5* is $189. I am willing to spend $189 but would be willing to roll the dice on waiting if the price might come down in the next few weeks (perhaps with a refundable back-up).

Any advice on the Boston market appreciated.

This is a Yankee vs. Red Sox Baseball weekend which always brings the crowds out. In addition, there is a small convention (but for the size that Boston is, they don't have that many hotel rooms so even a small convention can drive up hotel prices). The baseball rivalry is enough to drive up prices... the conveniton will only add to it.

If you decide to not lock something in now, i would at least find a cancellable back-up which is within your price range and acceptable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and keep us udpated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a Yankee vs. Red Sox Baseball weekend which always brings the crowds out. In addition, there is a small convention (but for the size that Boston is, they don't have that many hotel rooms so even a small convention can drive up hotel prices). The baseball rivalry is enough to drive up prices... the conveniton will only add to it.

If you decide to not lock something in now, i would at least find a cancellable back-up which is within your price range and acceptable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and keep us udpated or let us know if we can be of further help.

I booked a room at Hotel 140 for 2 nights, which I can cancel on 72 hours notice. I'm going to wait to see if prices drop, but if not this will be an acceptable option. I'll post back if I get a bite through Priceline.

Thanks for the insight into this particular weekend. I've always appreciated the information on this site.

• 1 month later...

Update:

I started a new sequence of 3.5* bids using the PRICELINE link here:

$120, Copley Sq. - Rejected

$130, Copley Sq. + Aquarium - Offered "one time" rebid of $160, rejected offer

$145, Copley Sq. + Quincy Market - Offered "one time" rebid of $175, rejected offer

Starting bidding in 1 dollar increments using the free rebid zones until I was accpeted at $149 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel.

Not the best deal I've seen on here for the Sheraton but this seems to be a busy weekend with the Yankees in town and a convention. The rate through Sheraton is over $300/night so I am happy with the deal.

This is for Oct. 1 - Oct. 3.

Sheraton Boston

Copley Square - Theatre District

39 Dalton Street

Boston, Massachusetts 02199

617-236-2000

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]