Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

Liz M
By Liz M,
in

Used the PRICELINE link above.

Using free rebids, I bid unsuccessfully from $115 to $140 in Times Square and then MTW. I switched to MTE. At $115 I got a counter offer at $135, which I turned down and continued to uptick using free rebids. Hit pay dirt at $125.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $125.00

Subtotal: $375.00

Taxes & Fees: $81.06

Total Charges*: $456.06

Thanks again for this awesome forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all --

I wasn't sure where to post this comment, so please forgive me if there is a better place on the board for this message.

My husband and I just completed this stay. I wanted others to know that when we checked in, I asked, very politely, if our room could be upgraded. The front desk clerk was very friendly and she upgraded us from a "cozy" room to a "spectacular" room (two class upgrade). We were grateful because we understand the "cozy" rooms are quite small.

Just so you know, this hotel doesn't seem to stigmatize Priceline users so go ahead and ask for a room upgrade -- can't hurt to ask. I noticed this hotel coming up a lot in this zone, so I thought I'd pass this tip along.

Thanks.

Liz

Hello all --

I wasn't sure where to post this comment, so please forgive me if there is a better place on the board for this message.

My husband and I just completed this stay. I wanted others to know that when we checked in, I asked, very politely, if our room could be upgraded. The front desk clerk was very friendly and she upgraded us from a "cozy" room to a "spectacular" room (two class upgrade). We were grateful because we understand the "cozy" rooms are quite small.

Just so you know, this hotel doesn't seem to stigmatize Priceline users so go ahead and ask for a room upgrade -- can't hurt to ask. I noticed this hotel coming up a lot in this zone, so I thought I'd pass this tip along.

Thanks.

Liz

Hi Liz, thanks for your information. We booked this hotel over priceline for the 21 - 23 of aug. I asked the hotline from the w new york whether an upgrade would be possible. they wrote that i would have to ask on arrival. So we'll give it a try;)

Did you like the hotel overall? Anything else to recommend, regarding the hotel and it`sn surrounding? Thank you so much. Greeting from Germany

Guten Abend!

We liked the hotel very much. The employees were friendly and helpful; the rooms were comfortable and quiet. The restaurant was nice although a bit expensive. But there are other places nearby for breakfast if you are watching your pennies. The hotel is near Rockefeller Center, within walking distance of Times Square/the theater district, as well as many restaurants and shops. We got reduced price theater tickets at the TKTS booth in Times Square; I highly recommend doing that! Hotel was very convenient to the subway and of course there are always taxis out front. There appears to be a street market on Lexington in front of the hotel on Sundays, so you will see that. The neighborhood felt very safe. Enjoy your visit in New York!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]