Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Marriott

RudyRudy
By RudyRudy,
in

This is my first time using the BetterBidding Message Board. I will be in Boston with my daughter to look at colleges in Cambridge. I am paying $110 at the Marriott Copley Place for Monday and Tuesday nights, July 26 - 28, 2010 through Priceline. I logged into Priceline from the BetterBidding.com link.

I first wanted to stay in Cambridge, MA at a 4-star hotel (to limit the possibility of the Hyatt Regency). Having researched the properties on this site I proceeded to bid (2 days ago) with re-bidding from $70 - $95 raising my bid sequentially by $5 and was rejected all 6 times. Yesterday I continued this strategy, bidding from $105 - $130, the result being the same - 6 rejections.

Today I decided to look at Boston, specifically Copley, and to lower my selection to 3.5 stars as this includes the Marriott Copley Place, Sheraton, and Hilton Back Bay, all hotels I have stayed at previously. My consecutive bids, using re-bidding, were: $75, $85, $100, and $110, which was finally accepted. With Taxes and Fees this is $261.74, not bad considering the rate on the website is $299.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]