Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (USE) Sir Francis Drake

jrb2310
By jrb2310,
in

trying to get get a room in san fran 8/7-8/11. have gone all the way up to $120 for a 4 star and 3.5 star but no luck. is there a big event/convention that weekend or week? i usually see rooms going for $85-$100 for a 4 star in nob hill, union sq, soma, financial dist. can anyone help?

thanks

also - how have the 3 star hotels faired in these areas?? are people generally happy with them?

i would like to be around $100 a night or less based on what i've seen others get 4 star hotels for. would like to stay in either fishermans wharf, nob hill. union sq, financial dist, or soma. each day i start at $85 and go up in $5 increments by manipulating all the locations that aren't 4 star. i have made it up to $120 and have got nothing so far. any suggestions?

Your four night stay starts on Saturday night. I'm not seeing a universal pattern but at several hotels Saturday night is much more expensive than Sun-Weds. For example Hotwire's 4.5* in USE is $179 for Sat-Weds but only $137 for Sun-Weds.

With 17 days to go before your stay I still think there's a good chance you'll win a 4* for $120 or less closer to your stay.

If you're eager to secure something now you can:

1) bid higher than $120.

2) bid lower than $120 for just the last three nights, then try Add a Night to win the same hotel Saturday at a higher rate. There's some possibility the Saturday won't be available though and you'll have to switch hotels once.

3) check reviews for Marriott Union Square and Francis Drake hotels. If those look acceptable to you then bid for a 3.5* in USE. As for 3* I think that's a good option too, but that's a matter of personal taste. Most Kimpton and Joie de Vivre boutique hotels are rated 3* and the feedback on them is generally very good. The Chancellor and Donatello are highly rated on TripAdvisor and both are 3*. In terms of style it's really potluck what you'll get at 3* level---could be modern or classic, large room or small. I don't think any of the 3* is considered a fleabag or a dump, but again it's a personal decision if 3* is right for you. I think you have enough time to keep trying 4* and/or 3.5* awhile longer if you want.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]