Hotwire Hotel: Madison 7/23

BRH
By BRH,
in

I just performed the same search. Thinking of staying Friday (7/23)...-or-...Fri/Sat (7/23 & 7/24)...-or-...Sat/Sun (7/24 & 7/25). I know the search for Fri/Sat turns up that same 3-star hotel at $59 per night. Wonder which it is. 95% recommended out of 500+ reviews. I'm not a fan of the East side. I'd prefer to be near the capital or in either the West/Middleton area or the Fitchburg area.

I'm also wondering about individually booking for each night. For example, Friday night there's a 3.5-star hotel available in the State Capital - University area for $59. 90% recommended out of 500+ reviews. Any idea which this is? Amenities include:

Smoke-Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Also wondering which hotel the Madison West (comes up in Friday only...Fri/Sat...Sat/Sun searches) 2.5-star hotel is. Has 100% recommeded out of 50+ reviews. I'm doing a search for Friday only right now, and it keeps popping up at $43. Amenities include:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

There was one in the State Cap - Univ area available for both Fri/Sat nights or Sat/Sun nights. It too was $59 per night. 95% feedback on many (500+?) reviews. That was yanked for both sets of nights within 10-15 minutes of me logging on to Hotwire though.

Many thanks Aaron! I was thinking that was the Sheraton (from reading through all the previous posts re: Madison hotels). Do you have any idea which the first hotel is...the Madison - Northeast - Airport one (first asked by another member in previous post without specific dates)?

I'm not seeing a Northeast/Airport hotel listed in this thrad... what are the dates, star rating, price and amenities of the "Madison - Northeast - Airport" hotel you're referring to?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing a Northeast/Airport hotel listed in this thrad... what are the dates, star rating, price and amenities of the "Madison - Northeast - Airport" hotel you're referring to?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hey. I'd originally posted this thread as a reply within another thread (the thread directly under this about a Madison/Northeast/American Center hotel), but it got moved/merged into its own thread. That's what I was referring to in the 1st paragraph. It works for every date I enter (Friday 7/23 only, Fri 7/23 & Sat 7/24, Sat 7/24 and Sun 7/25). Here are the amenities:

3* Madison Northeast - Airport - American Center $59

Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

High-Speed Internet

Business center

Laundry

Golf Nearby

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? (ie- a Tennis icon)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yep, it does show a new icon, "Tennis Nearby." The other poster who'd asked about this property has already entered this info, so I'll go with his post. Will/would be interesting to see what it is. Crowne Plaza is listed as a 3.5-star property on Hotels.com. A 3-star property in the area is the Courtyard Madison East. That's got really good feedback on Hotels.com. I'd also love to know what the Madison West 2.5 property is. That's got good feedback. No info on it yet, so I'll have to try to book it sometime.

I ended up going with the 2.5-star Country Inn & Suites in Middleton through Hotels.com. It's right next to Costco, and I really like that area. It was $68 ($136 for Sat/Sun nights) per night with the taxes included. Not a steal, but a decent deal. The 3-star $59'ish properties on Hotwire ended up being over $70 per night with all the fees (which tended to range from $12-something up to the high teens or more) included. The 2.5-star property for mid-$40's would've been about $104 for 2 nights with all the fees included. A really good deal, but I didn't want to regret booking with whichever property it may've been.

Next time I stay in the area I'll try HOTWIRE again (through the link on this site). Thanks for all the help Aaron & thereuare!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]