Priceline Hotel: 3* Central Coast (San Luis Obispo) Apple Farm Inn

purefct
By purefct,
in

I looked at HOTWIRE and only saw one San Luis Obispo area Hotel with 3* or better for $114/night plus tax, had these amentities:

Complimentary Breakfast included

Fitness Center

Laundry Facilities coin-operated

High-speed Internet Access; an extra charge may apply.

So I clicked thru to PRICELINE and bid half the $190 recommended median price for a 3*, $85, and won on my first bid. I received Apple Farm, which Expedia shows for $206 for my night!

I saw some others started bidding 3* in September below $70 and ended at $77 and I figured since this was summer last minute I would end up bidding a few times and started higher than I normally would. Heck, I should have noticed the Sep Hotwire was about $10 higher than my July Hotwire and took a chance at a lower price! I planned to bid 3* SLO, then add Morrow Bay where there isn't a 3* for my dates - could bid twice a day but didn't want to spend the time!

Apple Farm

2015 Monterey Street

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

805-544-2040

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $85.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $85.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.03 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $103.03 (USD)

The good news is, my parents are spending 4 nights and they just asked where I'm staying. I'll see if I can get them to let me PRICELINE and then see if I can get the rate lower!

Well, I think I forgot to click the PRICELINE link to do this, but my dad asked me to get him a room. I bid $70 which was declined, and I was taken to a page stating if I increase my bid to $85 my price will be accepted. Instead I added Morrow Bay to my criterion, which doesn't have a 3*, increased my bid to $80. I would have liked to bid $75 but I didn't want to wait 24 hrs if it was declined and another person got a decline (for a Sep reservation) below $80. My $80 bid was accepted!

Room Subtotal: $80.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $17.36 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $97.36 (USD)

This was also for the 3* Apple Farm Inn, I'm curious to see if we end up in the motel unots or Inn units since I forgot to call the Inn today and Expedia doesn't list the motel units.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]