Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

champel
By champel,
in

I changed your topic title as you are not bidding on the specific hotel you typed, but any 3* hotel in that zone (and with the amount you bid i think you certainly exposed yourself to the option of a different 3* hotel in that area).

It appear that the Hyatt is available HERE for $78/nite... why not just take that and not have to worry about being disappionted with other properties begin awarded?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the changes. As I am new to this type of booking I would like to get the rooms for under 50$ as posted here. Is it just luck to reach that kind of price in my period and I better take the 78$?

What is the best bidding tactic?

Sorry I am new to this and just want to know to get this real fantastic prices written in here.

Champel

I would take the HOWTIRE offer (and please use this link to book).

Since you've already bid up to $69/nite, it's obvious that the sub-$50 rates are not currently available for your stay. While it's true that you could wait and hope that it comes down, it's also possible that rates go up, at which point i suspect you'll see this hotel offered in the high $100's/low $200's (and there is no similarly prices alternative that is as equally a good deal).

As well, even if you raise your bid a bit, you also risk getting the Doubletree, which is an 'ok' hotel, but it pales in comparison to the Hyatt.

So i think in this instance a "Bird in hand is worth two in the bush" as the risk of waiting is too great relative to spending an extra $10/nite more than you have already bid (ie- hotel's website is over $200/nite, so even in the $70's this is an excellent deal)

All of the above assumes we've correctly identified the Hyatt, which i believe we have, but there's always the unknown factor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]