Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Airports LGA) Laguardia Airport Hotel

shar1
By shar1,
in

Began booking at $75 at the Laguadia Airport Area, was asked to redib and increase the price by $15. Started a new bid at $82 and was accepted at the Laguadia Airport Hotel.

Not really excited about the winning though. Reviews for this hotel are not good, there was a case of bug bites in one of the tripadvisor reviews, no continental breakfast, and no subway nearby close to the hotel.

If given a chance, I would reconsider this area and rebid in Secaucus,NJ instead. Still reconsidering to book another hotel and bear the loss.. Any thoughts. Has anyone stayed at this hotel before and can share their positive experiences.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... sorry to see you're disappointed with this purchase.

Although inconvenient, to get to Manhattan via mass transit you could take the hotel shuttle to the airport, the public bus to the subway, then the subway into Manhattan... not something i would necessarily recommend before your purchase, but this would be an option now that you've already received this hotel.

Will you be driving and have a car?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I will have a car but would like to avoid driving into Manhatten.

Thank you so much for the recommendations about using the public transport. I am not aware of New york areas. Would it be safe to travel in public transport/bus/subway etc in this area with the family with kids?. We might be returning late from downtown and I wanted to be sure if public transport is a safe option. My decision to book elsewhere hangs around the safety issue pretty much now.

The area around the LGA hotels is not the best (it's not awful either) but i wouldn't be wondering the streets late at nite, and i usually advise non-locals to avoid the subway late at nite (say after 11pm)... nothing is likely going to happen as they're safer now then they have have been in recent memory, but if you're not familiar with the system you just don't want to make a wrong connection, get on the wrong train, etc, etc late at nite (ie- some lines are much better/safer than others) and just not worth it while you're on vacation.

You could always take the mass transit option TO Manhattan in the morning and then take a taxi back to the hotel... ~$25-$30 depending upon where you are in Manhattan.

The biggest issue with the mass transit option, imo, is time... as you have to first take the hotel shuttle (usually have to be there a few minutes before it will leave), then get off at the airport and wait for the next bus, then take the bus ride to the subway, then wait for the next train, then the train into Manhattan... all the 'waiting for the next' begins to add up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]