Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire/Priceline for 4* Hotels on the Riverwalk

fuhnz
By fuhnz,
in

HOTWIRE or PRICELINE? Am not familiar with the locations/ map on the Riverwalk one has downtown/Riverwalk and the other has Riverwalk North or South. If I want to make the best guess on a 4* hotel which link should I use? I am bringing gma 87 years old down to see the Alamo and Riverwalk. Will be doing the river tour and city tour as she cannot walk far. Hoping to get in the middle of the action as I am bringing 21 year old son too. Do not want Market Place! Gma is use to 4.5 star hotels. Looking to stay 8/11-8/14. Again HOTWIRE or PRICELINE will get me closest to my destination?

Thanks for your help

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon your needs it sounds as if HOTWIRE would be the better option and here is why:

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, whereas it appears you'll be triple occupancy. HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (when searching for more than double occupancy this usually means two beds, although the second 'bed' could be a rollaway, pullout sofabed, etc)

With PRICELINE you could receive any hotel in the zone... with HOTWIRE you can try to use the amenity combination associated with the hotel to take a guess as to which property, and therefore location within the zone, you are being offered (although no guarantees you'll guess right :) )

If you do a HOTWIRE search (for the correct number of guests) do you see anything in the Riverwalk area(s) which are within your desired star rating and budget? If so post the details of your search (dates, number of adults/children, star rating, price, amenities associated with the property, etc) and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]