New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

XT600
By XT600,
in

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a hotel in the houston medical center area, and I'm finding indications that the Medical Center Holiday Inn is now "Wyndam Houston Medical Center Hotel and Suites." Same hotel, different name. I wasn't sure where to post this to provide that info. I hope this is helpful!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Baltimore Priceline zones have changed

The there is no longer an Inner Harbor-Downtown zone by itself. BWI is now separated (see below).

Here are the zones now:

BWI

BWI East

Baltimore East

Baltimore Stadiums

Baltimore West

Downtown

Glen Burnie

Harbor East-Fells Point

Inner Harbor-Camden Yards

Mt Vernon

Owings Mills

University Area

This can help narrow down hotels

Betterbidding currently has:

BWI

Stadiums

West

Glen Burnie

Inner Harbor-Downtown

Mt Vernon

Owings Mills

University Area

I made a mistake a couple of times bidding Inner Harbor-Camden Yards due to this recent switch (I didn't get it). I wanted Harbor East-Fells Point, unlike before.

The Renaissance, for instance, is now part of just Downtown.

Any word of updates to this on the site?

PRICELINE

Punch in: Baltimore, MD

San Francisco NYOP changes:

SOMA

4.5* Intercontinental San Francisco (upgrade from 4*)

UNION SQUARE EAST

4.5* Taj Campton Place (upgrade from 4*)

USW/Nob Hill

4.5* bidding now available. (Fairmont is only 4.5* in this zone in Priceline retail product)

FINANCIAL DISTRICT/EMBARCADERO

4.5* Omni (upgrade from 4*)

FISHERMAN'S WHARF

5* bidding now available (Fairmont Heritage Place is only 5* in this zone in Priceline retail product)

4.5* bidding now available (unsure which hotel)

Oakland/East Bay NYOP changes

CONCORD-LAFAYETTE

4* Renaissance Club Sport (upgrade from 3.5*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Priceline NYOP zone for Washington DC - "Capitol Hill South" which appears to be a split off of the Capitol Hill - Convention Center zone. Everything south of Independence Avenue is in the new zone, which would include these hotels:

3* L'Enfant Plaza Hotel

3* Holiday Inn Capitol

3* Residence Inn Capitol Hill

3* Capitol Skyline Hotel

3* Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill / Navy Yard

I noticed on the Hotwire list of hotels it still shows Holiday Inn on the Beach. I don’t believe this win is now possible as the property is now being called Destin Sands Beach Resort. They were originally going to reopen around Memorial Day, but that has been delayed until Spring 2014. Major renovations happening!! Sounds like it will be fabulous but I am sad it will no longer be an affordable Holiday Inn!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Napa CA: River Terrace Inn is now 4*

cheap_girl,

Thanks for your post.

If you've won this property thru HOTWIRE, can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

PS- and please read your messages. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]