Priceline Hotel: 2* Sandusky (Sandusky-Milan-Norwalk) Quality Inn Cedar Point South

shar1
By shar1,
in

• 2 months later...

shar1, I hope you enjoyed your visit! We were there the same weekend.

We found the hotel to be just so-so, the breakfast was terrible, but what really sucked was how the hotel ran my AMEX card, for what I thought would be incidental charges, and then my card showed a charge of $66!

They told me that it was for payment. :) :) They explained that when I won my Priceline bid, that my payment goes to Priceline, who then turns around and pays the hotel. They said that Priceline never paid them-huh??-so, when they swiped my card, that was to be for payment.

So now I have 2 credit charges, one used for Priceline back in June, showing the winning bid for this hotel, and one showing a charge direct to the hotel, that the hotel claims is for payment. I'm disputing the charge from the card that was swiped at the desk. It just doesn't make sense that Priceline didn't pay them!

Incidentally, we found the hotel to be just okay. The hot tub didn't work. The breakfast was one of the worst we've ever had at a hotel. Watery coffee and watery juices!!

I'm disputing the charge from the card that was swiped at the desk.
You can probably resolve this with one phone call to PRICELINE... i'd try that route first if you haven't already done so.

Sorry this hotel wasn't up to your expectations, hope your future stays work out better (and without double charges :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm in touch with Priceline, the problem lies in that we foolishly used 2 credit cards. One to pay Priceline, and a different one that was swiped at the desk for incidental charges. Priceline only sees the one that we used for payment. The hotel told them that they did not charge the card that was swiped at the desk, and of course, Priceline believes them. I have an email from Priceline that says that the hotel told them that they didn't charge the card at the front desk.

But, they did charge the card at the desk. I sent Priceline a copy of the statement and they're looking into it further.

It's just discouraging that the hotel told me that they never got their $$ from Priceline, so that's why they charged the card at check-in, then they lied to Priceline and told them that they didn't charge me any extra, and Priceline believed them.

I'm going to get in touch with Choice Hotels about the way the front desk staff handled this later.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]