PHX Phoenix Fullsize Alamo

goldendeal
By goldendeal,
in

Your Offer Price: $18.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 9 days(8 days and 14 hours)

Subtotal: $162.00

Taxes and Fees: $137.55

Total Charges: $299.55

Lowest Published Price: $747.35

Total Savings:* $447.80 (You saved 60%)

As you know, there is no way in hades that Alamo can rent this car for 747.35 but yet when I went to the Alamo web site, there it was 747.35. I should have called them and told them I just want to rent the car, not buy it.

Taxes Kill you in PHX. When you pay more in taxes then you do the actual car, there is something wrong. In any case, never settle for retail on a rent car in PHX, they know they cant rent them for that and you will ALWAYS get a discount. Hotwire had $341 55 for same car and times.

I did try and bid for a compact and mid size for same bid but was denied...strange a full size won the 18.00 bid, when I tried everything leading up to it.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice deal and savings. There are plenty of customers, especially business travelers, who are not as price sensitive and do pay retail rates.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the dates of your rental so we can add this information to the topic title.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Im very sorry, the dates are 8/23 09/01.

Yes I’m sure you are right, buisness travelers don't mind paying that price as it not out of their pocket. If I owned a business I would still use PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, the saving are just too great to pass up, more so in a case like this, where the taxes are outrageous. Big companies just don’t care or bother with the savings. When you see 700.00 a week for a compact rental, that enough to make you flinch. Check your eye glasses and look again. Really hard to believe.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]