Priceline Hotel: 4.5* or 5* in NYC

megc
By megc,
in

Please do another SEARCH and let us know if this hotel still appears... i just ran two searches on seprate computers and dont' get this hotel offered... i get what appears to be the Inter-Continental.

However, i'll ask if you're looking for a specific hotel as there appears to be some great deals for these dates (2/4-2/6):

I see what appears to be the:

Grand Hyatt at $156/nite

Le Parker Meridien at $163/nite

As well as the following:

The Drake at $149/nite

If budget is a factor the Beekman Towers has a 1BR suite for $119 (a 3+ star hotel but the REVIEWS are very good)

I have also read good things about the Fitzpatrick Manhattan and the Fitzpatrick Grand Central, both of which are available for $149/nite, and the reviews can be read HERE and HERE.

Let us know what you choose to do and if we can be of more help. If you end up going with Hotwire, please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your quick response. I am really looking for April 15-17, and would take a weekend break with my husband if I could ever get The Plaza for an outstanding rate. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this website. I have told so many people about it. I just like to be aware of all of the Hotwire options for New York, which is why I inquired about the hotel. I will definitely post my results when I do make a reservation. Any tips for getting The Plaza or The Waldorf? Thanks so much.

So when you search HOTWIRE do you still see this 4.5* in the MTE with only Fitness and Business? I see a 3.5* in the zone for your dates with those amenities, but not a 4.5*.

Let's take it a step further... what criteria is is that you're seeking with this upcoming stay (zones, price, location, etc)?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

4.5* or 5* in NYC April 17-19 help

I have never used priceline before but want a 4.5 or 5 star hotel somewhere near the city center, I am going to be in town for the weekend for fun, but am staying longer for work. What should I do?

I have merged all of your NYC threads togther as all the dates seem to overlap or are adjacent.

Now let's backtrack a moment... i understand you are mixing business with pleasure, with part of your stay devoted to each. Given that we know the NYC area firsthand, try to explain to us what you're looking for so we can try to help and develop a systematic gameplan for your stay.

Okay. Thanks so much, you are great! I am going to New York with some girlfriends on April 15th and a friend used her corporate rate at The Renaissance Times Square for apx. $250 a night, so I am set there unless you have any suggestions. I am going to stay for two or three nights extra for work. I am in design and retail and am not sure if I will need two or three days to see some showrooms. I need a somewhat central location but the quality of the hotel is my first priority, I do not want to spen more than $200.

Don't know if that $200 limit included tax or not....

The Millenium Broadway is avaialbe for $209/nite... there is no booking fee so this is only about $4-5/nite higher than a $200 Priceline bid, so i figured i'd include it as the location and reviews are both good, as you can see HERE.

What appears to be the Sheraton Russel is also available, close to Grand Central Station, for +/- $200/nite depending upon whether you choose two nites or three.

I stil think that the Millenium UN is a good deal, although a bit far east.. but in April the weather should be nice and it'll be a 10 minute walk to the subway, or you can take a cab right into the heart of midtown for $5-$6 or so.

I think your first step is to determine how many nites you will need and then you can go with one of the above or try Priceline... but you can't do anything until you know how many nites you'll need.

Personally i would bid MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS... but i'm not the one using the hotel room and dont' know your specific needs. My opinion is that i'd be happy with any of the hotels in the above 3 zones and would be trying for the best price.

Also, is the $200/nite before taxes and fees?

Then let's back up one minute... are you familiar with re-bidding, which is explained in this thread: PRICELINE REBIDDING EXPLAINED?

You will have two re-bid zones available when bidding the 4* level in NYC, can you figure out which ones they are? (it's important to know how to do this yourself as re-bid zones can change, so they should be checked every time before you start bidding)

If you're confused by the above explanation of re-bidding just post back and we'll walk you thru it. :)

I think I understand. I would pick midtown east and upper midtown and only four star hotels. I would put in a bid and if it is rejected I would wait 72 hours and then go back and add another area that does not offer any four star hotels. What should I bid? What should I counter-bid? Is it possible to try just the 5 star in midtown east? If you try that and do not get it, can you switch to four stars in the same area and add add upper midtown? Thanks so much for your help.

You have the concept, but we want to make sure you know which zones are your re-bid zones (to avoid you making a mistake and ending up in an area you dont' wish to stay in). We'll supply the strategy once you're comfortable knowing which zones qualify as your re-bid zones at the 4 star level (you may want to confirm them with the board).

Yes, you can try for just the 5* hotels, but only if you have time on your hands, as there is only one known 5* hotel in NYC that deals with Priceline and it comes up very rarely.

So I should start with MTE 5* and bid what? If I do not get it, should I add another area and try again? If this does not work I will try again and go with four star hotels in upper midtown and midtown east, and what should I bid then? If I do not get it I will add either upper east side or upper west side because neither area has any four star hotels. Thanks again for your help.

You can start with the 5* bidding, where you have six re-bid zones.

Select 5* MTE....

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

For 4* bidding, are you also considering the MTW zone? I mentioned it above but you didn't seem to include that in your post above. Let us know and we'll outline a strategy for you to follow.

I did just that, and it denied it. However, the suggested price dropped over $100 to $252. I really think I just want Upper Midtown and Midtown East. I can wait a few days and do it and try five star again and then switch to four stars. How should I do it? What do you think I will get?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]