Priceline Hotel: 1* Austin (Central) North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites

Prince_K
By Prince_K,
in

I was at 1* bidding $25 with Austin Downtown. Bumped to $26 and added Central. Got the 1* North Austin Plaza Hotel And Suites. Savings of $4 below rate indicated on their website. Not a very good deal and I didn't even know 1* was in the inventory. Got a low star hotel since my parents seem to get a kick out of staying in hotels with free breakfast and it turns out this one doesn't have it :) Please add this to the priceline list of TX hotels. I started with the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

The hotel charged us a $2 'amenity fee' for using Priceline. Is this allowed?? This brings the total price to just $2 below their quoted website rate.

The room was a decent size. Shower did not have a tub. Rather it was a shower with a curtain spanning the width of the room. The shower area was sloped a couple degrees lower than the rest of the floor, though some water still escaped. Room was very humid, and though we had the AC off the entire night, it seemed to still be very cool. Bed sheets were clean, no bed bugs. Cable TV reception was worse than from an antenna. The people who stay here (unsurprisingly) aren't of the best type, but I suppose I've seen worse. The neighbor was blasting rap till 2am. Lobby was what you'd expect at a 2*/2.5* and staff seemed nice. Parking lot was roomy and there were an adequate number of parking spots. I probably wouldn't say here again, since paying $20 more would have resulted in a significantly nicer accommodation. But if you're going for the very lowest cost, this might be it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]