Hotwire Mistake

ThePassenger
By ThePassenger,
in

My wife and I had s significant problem with a hotwire reservation and I wanted to find out if any other Hotwire users have had any similar experiences.

We made reservations in January for travel in March. On the same day we booked airline tickets and a rental car via Hotwire and a hotel room via Priceline. Both my wife and I were at the computer when the reservation was made. We tend to book on these sites as a team to avoid possible errors, given that these companies are strict regarding penalies for mistakes (reasonbale perhaps due to the way they function). We were satisfied with the results and planned to travel in March. On the morning of our travel date we printed out the itineraries and headed to the airport.

When we got to the airport, we tried to check in electronically, but the automated system would noy allow this. We then took the itinerary to the ticket agent who poited out that our tickets were for the same dates, but in February. We were one month late for our flight (I have never even been even 1 minute late for a flight before).

Clearly, we made a grievous error by not checking the flights first, but I am certain that we made the correct arransgements at the time of booking. Note that since Feb. has 28 days, the days of the week for a certain date are the same for each month.

Does anyone have any experience with similar mistakes? A colleaue of ine had the same thing happen on Travelocity. What can I do? Do I have any chance of recouping my losses?

As per our RULES and POLICIES:

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]