Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn

kdmck
By kdmck,
in

I have been trying to bid on a 3.5 star hotel in Fisherman's Wharf. I went as high as $105 and had no luck. I am thinking of bidding on a 3star or a 2.5star.

Looking at the 3 stars offered on PRICELINE in Fisherman's Wharf, they all look nice except for the Heritage Marina. It is rated at 3.9/10 and goes for $58 on PRICELINE. If I bid $80 for a 3star in the Wharf would I not automatically get this hotel? Do I need to hit one of the other minimum bids or I get this hotel?

Any suggestions on getting a nice hotel for a good deal in the Wharf?

Thanks,

Kevin

I have a second question as well.

I see one 2.5star hotel in Fisherman's Wharf when I do a search on PRICELINE. If I bid on a 2.5 star in the Wharf and the bid is accepted do I get the hotel listed? Or is there a way that another 2.5star would accept a bid but not be in the search list?

Thanks,

Kevin

More than one 2.5* hotel has been reported in Fisherman's Wharf zone, and 2.5* bids can be upgraded to higher levels. You could win ANY 2.5* or higher in the zone. Availability in PRICELINE's retail product should not be used as a guide to what you might get on a NYOP bid.

And regarding your Hertiage Marina question in post 1...

PRICELINE uses different zone definitions in their retail and Name Your Own Price products. It's confusing. In their retail product PRICELINE says Heritage Marina is in FW zone. But in NYOP Fisherman's Wharf zone is precisely defined with a map and the Heritage Marina is outside the zone boundaries. So NO---you won't win the Heritage Marina on a NYOP bid in Fisherman's Wharf.

Is the FW zone the only acceptable area for this stay... you may be able to get a 4* hotel in one of the downtown zones (USE, USW) for the amounts you have already bid.

I'm guessing your maybe $10-$20 from a win in the Fishermans Wharf zone, but it sounds as if you may not have any interest in bidding higher.

If you don't want to bid higher, i would give it a few days to a couple of weeks to see if rates come down at all... not that i'm predicting that they will, but rates fluctuate enough that i wouldn't compromise your star level this far ahead of your stay given that your bids are, at the very least, close.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]