Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Pike Place) 7/23-7/25

AustenNut
By AustenNut,
in

Over the last couple of months I've tried 3.5 & 4* hotels for $85 (plus taxes & fees). Today, I started my bidding at $90, and bid at 95, 97, 99, 100, 102, 105, 106, 107, and 110. All bids failed, though I only bid on 4* hotels.

We're looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Our backup hotel is the Ramada Downtown which is $124.25 including taxes and fees. The $110 Priceline price came out to be $125.50 including taxes and fees.

I'll keep y'all updated with how things go.

I too have been bidding on priceline for weeks on 7/22 - 7/25. And am finally getting very worried :) I saw some success of those that waited right up until July 4th weekend for bidding for the long weekend, but given the inventory on the other sites I really dont think prices are going to go down.

So I've been trying for 4 star and 3.5 star downtown only and might go for a 3 star as their doesnt appear to be any 3 stars on the list that are reviewed too poorly.

travelbrew,

Do these 7/22 - 7/25 dates replace your previous dates of 8/22-8/25... or is one of these a typo? Please continue/update your previous priceline Seattle thread with what you've tried and your current thoughts so that the information can help others.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went through again, trying for the 4* hotel. I bid $90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 117, 118, and 120. All were unsuccessful. When I went to Hotels.com to look at the map for the Sheraton hotel (which the forum calendar indicated had been won for $120 and $125 for the dates in question) it said that there were no rooms available for my dates. So, we might be sticking with the 2.5* Ramada, barring a big change in our fortunes.

If you guys have no luck in the downtown zone, I would like to point out that there are good value hotels in the airport zone. There is a new light rail in Seattle that will take you downtown in relative comfort from SeaTac airport. I think it's only two or three bucks to ride the light rail to the airport. Rooms in 3 star hotels are going for around $45 this summer on PRICELINE.

The Airport Lightrail is a good suggestion, but do keep in mind that the trip is 35-40 minutes plus the time it takes to get from your hotel to the airport.

If you do decide to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, it appears that the last nite of your stay (7/24) is the 'problem' nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us udpated as to your progress or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went up to $115 for 3.5 star/ 4 Star and nothing , used 10 rebid zones.

I am thinking about staying in another area. But am kicking myself for not locking this down earlier and thinking prices would go down. I really want to be in the heart of downtown since we've never visited but if there is a nice light rail then thats and option.

The Red Sox are in town maybe thats the cause of no hotel rooms

Went up to $115 for 3.5 star/ 4 Star and nothing , used 10 rebid zones.

I am thinking about staying in another area. But am kicking myself for not locking this down earlier and thinking prices would go down. I really want to be in the heart of downtown since we've never visited but if there is a nice light rail then thats and option.

The Red Sox are in town maybe thats the cause of no hotel rooms

If Saturday is the problem which from Hotwire it appears is a correct assumption then I'm not sure where to stay as we have a 730 am train departure to Portland on Sunday morning

You're still bidding for 7/23-7/25? If so, rates are very high and you'll likely need to increase your bid substantially from current level to be successful... you can continue to try lower levels but i don't think you're in the ballpark until ~$150-$160+

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]