Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Renaissance

mommabean
By mommabean,
in

Very happy - yes, we used the PRICELINE link here to bid.

Seeing how low the Seattle hotels sometimes go here, I bid $55 yesterday on 4*. I was rejected but offered an immediate rebid if I raised it by $15. I opted against that and decided to rebid today at only only $10 more since at $5 more they gave me the warning that it was unlikely I'd get anything. At $65 the warning went away. I expected to get the message, after I bid, that it had not been 24 hours since my last bid, since it has not been that long. I was pleasantly surprised to have my offer accepted at the hotel I was hoping for - but would have happily taken any place. $30 a night for parking? - I consider that a savings since I was going to have to pay $10 at the hotel I planned to stay at outside of Pike Place area and I would have to drive into the city and pay to park anyway. Now we can park and leave it and walk anywhere we want. I like the convenience....for $95 a night including parking.

I love Renaissance Hotels - who needs loyalty points when you get a price this low?

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this is not an option for you, but light rail from Sea-Tac to the University Street Station is $1.50 and only takes about 30-40 minutes (including the 3 minute walk to the hotel). I assume you are quite familiar with Seattle -- but if not -- once you get to the Renaissance you can walk/bus/cab everywhere at a fraction of the cost of a rental car and parking fees. No $43 Marriott parking fee that way (there is a $7 parking tax in addition to the $36 quoted).

Happy travels!

• 2 weeks later...

Having no car was not an option for us as we are leaving tomorrow for Vancouver and driving one way. We did walk everywhere while here except for yesterday when we drove to visit our son who lives outside of the city.

Right now we are in our Renaissance hotel room for our last of 2 nights. What a great deal. Our Marriott rewards number was added at check in and we were given a corner executive suite - a living room and bedroom divided by a hall with a bathroom.

Tomorrow we will check into our Vancouver priceline Hyatt hotel room. I anticipate it will turn out as well. Our car will be turned before we check in at the cruise port a few blocks away so no parking fees will be incurred there.

oh yeah - It's $30 plus tax to park - not $36 plus tax. And well worth the convenience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]