Hotwire Hotel: 3* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood area hotel

lauriston
By lauriston,
in

Hi, have an offer of $139 for a 3* hotel from 21/7/10 to 24/7/10 for 2 adults + 2 children

following amenities :-

3-star hotel in Beverly Hills - West Hollywood

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

any ideas which hotel?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board, and with just these three amenities, which are common to the area, it's difficult to have much insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll let others comment on the location, as I'm not entirely familiar - the Four Points Sheraton Westside is $108.53 per night on sale on Expedia, and coupon code 10SPRING is another $10 off per night - $98.53

Then, this is also showing for this hotel:

Book now and receive a $50 prepaid card for gas!

HURRY LIMITED TIME OFFER! Book a 3+ night stay at this hotel and get a $50 Prepaid MasterCard

Is Hollywood an option?

If so Orbitz has two doubles at the Hollywood Heights Hotel for $149.

HHH has a pretty good outdoor pool area and it's walking distance to the Hollywood attractions and the Metro train to Universal Studios. Not everyone may agree but I've stayed at HHH several times and haven't seen a reason why a family with children shouldn't stay there. It used to be the Holiday Inn, after all.

I think Renaissance is an excellent choice, and $189 is a very decent rate for that hotel during peak summer season. (Sometimes the Ren is more like $249-299.) Of the three 4* hotels in Hollywood (W, Roosevelt, and Renaissance) Renaissance is probably the most "family-friendly". Location is superb; it's part of the Hollywood-Highland complex, so you don't even have to cross the street to get to shopping, restaurants, theaters, Metro, and a bevy of Spiderman and Marilyn Monroe impersonators.

If you choose the Renaissance using the board's Orbitz link is appreciated.

Thanks for all your help on this!

After much debate and consideration, I have now booked the Days Inn Hollywood on Sunset Blvd (through the Lastminute link on this site).

As I said before, I'm new to this and hope what I have done is within the "guidelines" or "principles" of this forum??

All advice much appreciated anyway, thanks again!

I have now booked the Days Inn Hollywood on Sunset Blvd
Glad you got it settled, lauriston.

There are two different Days Inns in Hollywod with similar sounding names, and it's not clear to me which of them you won. According to Days Inn website the Days Inn Hollywood is on Hollywood Blvd, not Sunset.

Did you get "Days Inn Hollywood" at 5410 Hollywood Blvd or "Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios" at 7023 Sunset Blvd?

Also I wanted to elaborate on something I wrote earlier in this thread, about the Hollywood Heights Hotel:

Not everyone may agree but I've stayed at HHH several times and haven't seen a reason why a family with children shouldn't stay there. It used to be the Holiday Inn, after all.
People have different opinions about what's "family friendly" and what's not. It's not my place to define what's a "family friendly" hotel. Some families could be very happy at HHH and others could be ourtraged. It depends a lot on who else is staying there, which changes from day to day. I've stayed a few times and always there were several guests who looked like rock musicians, carrying instruments, a few extreme goths. All kinds of people. This is Hollywood after all, and not everyone can afford the W.

I've also seen groups of middle aged British tourists at HHH, and Germans, and busgroups of Asians. And lots of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE people, who could be anyone.

If I suggested it was "family friendly" I meant it has a lot of rooms with two beds and it's a civilized place. All kinds of people are there, including probably some partiers, but I haven't found it to be a "party hotel", personally. If there's a disturbance I imagine they'd address it.

Best for people to read the TripAdvisor reviews, where there are lots of opinions, and decide for themselves.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]