Priceline Hotel: 2* Billings Best Western Clocktower Inn

madcitychick
By madcitychick,
in

2* Billings Best Western Clocktower Inn, $45 ... 7/19/10-7/20/10

Bidding history:

First bid - 3* - $55 - not accepted

Second bid - 2* - $40 - not accepted

Third bid, added 1* - $45 - accepted (No 1* appeared in Priceline's list at the time I made the reservation.)

When I called the hotel, I found out the reservation was for a handicap-accessible queen bed room. There are four of us. Apparently they didn't have the ability to modify the reservation to allow two beds because of the third-party billing, even though the room was available and they seemed willing to make the change. There was also no option to add rollaways because it is a handicap-accessible room. (Even though none of us are handicapped.) They insisted I had to call Priceline to change the reservation. I called Priceline and although it took a while on hold, luckily they were very helpful! It did cost an additional $20 but it was better than the kids sleeping on the floor shivering. I think.

Vent time - I really wish hotels would not give handicap accessible rooms to the non-handicapped unless they are the last rooms available. With a parent who needs that type room and sometimes finds it not available, it really aggravates me. Vent over. Going on with my trip planning.

• 2 weeks later...

PRICELINE reservations are ALWAYS for a single bed. Most hotels will switch you to a double on request, but it is not guaranteed and some won't do it, even if the room is available.

If you must have 2 beds, you can book on HOTWIRE and specify 3 adults (even if you only have 2). That will guarantee that you receive two beds.

Note that no hotel can ever change your reservation. If you want to request 2 beds, you do it on arrival.

Sometimes a clerk will notate my reservation with special requests, but as previously mentioned they can't change the actual reservation.

PRICELINE reservations are NOT always for single bedded rooms... they're for double occupancy. This could be a room with one bed OR two... it is based upon what the hotel loaded into the system or booked "run of house" which means it is assigned at check-in.

I agree that if you need a room with 2 beds HOTWIRE may be a better option when booked for more than double occupancy, but it's not accurate to say that PRICELINE rooms are for only one bed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]