Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Harrisburg (Hershey Area) Best Western Hotel and Suites

LexLuthor
By LexLuthor,
in

Need help in identifying Hershey, PA hotels on hotwire.

7/4/10, 2 adults, 2 children, 1 night

2* - $83 - Still Gathering Reviews - Breakfast, Internet

2.5* - $89 - Still Gathering Reviews - Breakfast, Fitness, Swimming, Restaurant, Laundry, Internet

3* $142 - 85% - Breakfast, Fitness, Swimming, Business, Laundry, Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

Most interested in the 2.5* one.

Please advise ASAP as I need to book soon, obviously.

Just looked again (this time through the betterbidding link) and see 2 more for Central Harrisburg that might work

3.5* $67 55% recommended, fitness, swimming, restaurant, business, laundry, internet

3* $53 65% recommended, shuttle, fitness, swimming, restaurant, business, internet, laundry, golf nearby.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Is the 3.5* most likely the Sheraton? On Hotwire, it shows 3 1/2 circles for TA and TA for the Sheraton shows the same thing.

If so, I'd probably rather get closer to Hershey Park.

Hershey Area

2.5* - $89 - Still Gathering Reviews - Breakfast, Fitness, Swimming, Restaurant, Laundry, Internet

Is this one probably Comfort Suites at 450 Station Road in Grantville?

Could it also be the Days Inn in Grantville? If so, that's the same as the web rate, which would stink.

Right now, I'm most looking at the 2.5 in Hershey Area. If that's the Comfort Suites in Grantville, I'd want that.

Just looked again through betterbidding link and did 2+2 for 7/4, Hershey, PA and I definitely see the following:

2.5* Hershey Area - Gathering Reviews - Breakfast, Fitness, Swimming, Restaurant, Laundry, Internet

TA Rating is 3.5 circles.

Both stars and TA rating are a match to Comfort Suites in Grantville.

Days Inn is only 3 circles on TA, so I guess that eliminates that one?

Anything else that it could be? The still gathering reviews could mean I could get a surprise here?

Can you please look again? It's definitely there now and has been when I've looked.

EDIT: Comfort Suites - Grantville website indicates no restaurant. Does that rule that out or does Hotwire put that if there's a restaurant next door or something? They do have breakfast, so there's obviously food there.

Hilton Garden Inn, Hummelstown - No laundry amenity listed on their website.

Hampton Inn, Grantville - No laundry amenity listed on their website.

Holiday Inn Express, Grantville - No free breakfast

Hopefully, someone can help me figure this one out soon.

I see it know. I might have overlooked it the last time.

I'm sorry to say that a 2.5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board.

The TA rating shown by HOTWIRE is not updated in realtime. It's only updated about once a month. So the rating we see might not be the updated one. And the star rating HOTWIRE use is not the same as TA. So you can't rely on that.

It's not allways HOTWIRE shows all the amenities for the hotel listed. HOTWIRE can show a hotel without a restaurant but the hotel GOT a restaurant.

The last report we have for Comfort Suites in Grantville was: Suite, Fitness Center,Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry.

I don't know the area well enough to take an educated guess for this. But i don't think that the listed hotel on HOTWIRE is Comfort Suites. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

The still gathering reviews could mean I could get a surprise here?
We have not found the pattern for this yet. But it could mean that the hotel is recently up/downgraded, it's a new property for HOTWIRE, new name for the hotel

Check the board later today after an additional answer to your post. I just wanted to answer you since you don't have much time left.

If you decide to book this property so please post the outcome.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct etc.

Ok. Well, I took the plunge for the 2.5*, Hershey Area @ $89.

It was the Best Western Hotel & Suites Hershey/Harrisburg.

I did not purchase through your link and I do apologize for that. I had a $15 off discount for purchasing through Entertainment. It was too much to pass up.

I do hope that I still helped your site some by adding this hotel to your list.

Wasn't the exact hotel I was expecting, but it's acceptable.

I think the website price was $109.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

NOTE that you can still use the links on the board along with your entertainment rebate as follows:

1) click our link to go to HOTWIRE (allow the page to fully load)

2) type the URL of the special URL supplied

3) conduct your search as usual

Just to follow up....the hotel was fine, clean and decent location.

BUT, they did stick me with a Queen bed and pull out sofa. I guess they have the right to do that even though I did confirm the night before it would be 2 Queen beds. Also, we arrived at midnight (with 2 kids) and there were no sheets in the room for the pull out sofa. Took 30 minutes to get me the sheets and the front desk person wasn't too nice about the whole thing.

With that kind of wait at that time, I didn't consider that providing me 2 acceptable beds for sleeping. The assistant manager, in the morning, agreed and said she'd refund the reservation.

So, hotel-fine, but good chance of getting stuck with the room with a pull out sofa though if you put 3-4 people.

Sorry you had a bad experience at this property, but it sounds as if the hotel did what they did (refund the entire stay) in an effort to make it right. Did you request at check-in a room with 2 beds and were told 'no' or did you just assume that your request from the nite before would be noted and honored?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I did request 2 double beds at check-in and was told that was the only room available.

The desk clerk said that there was no one there to make the pull out sofa and that he'd send sheets up. I did call hotwire at that point and they called the hotel and the best they could do was agree to refund the stay, but I couldn't stay in the hotel for the night. Obviously, at that hour, that wasn't an option.

In the morning, I spoke with the assistant manager, who was wonderful, and she apologized and said there should have been sheets in the room and that it's not their policy to make the pull out sofa bed, but, since we didn't even know to look for sheets in the room (maybe there were there, maybe not, but the desk clerk didn't say a think about that) and that it took a half hour to get us sheets, she'd email hotwire to refund the stay.

I've since contacted hotwire to see where my refund is and they said they need 7-10 days to investigate.

I presume if hotwire gets a refund, they'll refund me.

If the desk clerk had told us there were sheets in the room and that it's not their policy to make the sofa bed, I guess I'd have just been out of luck as it seems as if the hotel can satisfy the requirement of 4 people by using a sofa bed. Still not sure that providing a bed that's not made really does satisfy it.

I guess that's just the risk of booking through hotwire sometimes.

Oh, also, there was one more issue that the clueless desk cleck caused. He told me that my Visa was declined and then made me pay for the room. I don't even have a Visa. I just wanted to go to bed, so I signed what he printed and figured I'd get it cleared up in the morning. Interestingly, the room rate he charged was like $70, which was much less than the hotwire price. When I spoke to the assistant manager in the morning, she laughed, obviously knew what he did wrong and said she'd refund my card. I guess maybe he was confused with how hotwire shows the booking in their system.

But, like I said, the hotel was fine. It was clean, location was safe, rooms were decent, breakfast looked ok (but I did see some rotten apples and my wife did get some sort of stomach issue after eating, which may or may not have been from there).

EDIT: I just received the email from Hotwire with the formal credit. But, I still don't see the amount the hotel charged me directly credited yet. Also, when I spoke to hotwire at midnight and received their offer at the time (refund if I leave), they also gave me $25 hotdollars into my account.

Yes, I did request 2 double beds at check-in and was told that was the only room available.

The desk clerk said that there was no one there to make the pull out sofa and that he'd send sheets up. I did call hotwire at that point and they called the hotel and the best they could do was agree to refund the stay, but I couldn't stay in the hotel for the night. Obviously, at that hour, that wasn't an option.

you make a good point about providing sleeping accomodations for your entire party: does an "un-made" pull out sofa bed construe a proper sleeping accomodation as defined by HOTWIRE? If the bed linens were in the closet yet no one from housekeeping were available to make the bed, would this be grounds for a valid complaint?

If no linens were provided then i think a valid complaint that the room didn't satisfy the requirement for the number of guests; but if linens were provided but you had to make your own bed (given the late hour and hotel star rating), then i think the hotel met their obligation. Think about some of the extended stay type property which don't even have 24 hour front desks and at such a late hour you would need to call a 'night watchman' to get your room key... some hotels at the budget/lower star ratings simply don't have the staff after a certain time of nite.

I'm not saying i'd be happy to have to make my own bed at that hour, and perhaps worth a complaint and some free breakfast/meal voucher, but i would still think the hotel met their obligations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think if the desk clerk said the sheets were in the closet (and if they were), that wouldn't have made me happy, but I think it would have satisfied the minimal requirement.

Once I had to wait 30 minutes for sheets at midnight, they no longer satisfied the requirement.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]