Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel (7/22-7/26) 2 Adults + 2 Kids (one room)

ALVI
By ALVI,
in

Hi

I was hoping to travel to NYC on 22nd July to 26th July - was looking for a 3 1/2 or 4 star hotel in the Upper West Side area. the rough estimates are generally about $200+ - I have two questions,

1. Q - Priceline reserves a room for two but we are traveling with two kids who will only sleep in our room, one is 3 yrs old and the other 7 yrs. Is there a general problem at the hotel for refusing to accommodate the two kids. I can guess they might charge an added few for the second kid which I might be willing to agree upon. Does it impact going through a name your price option
  2. Q - I would like to swing for a Name your Price option on Priceline they list a 3-1/2* at an average retail price of $201 while a 4* goes for 280+ - what should my bidding strategy be - I was thinking of placing a starting bid for a 3-1/2* for $150 or should I go less/higher to be a realistic offer

Thanks

I think that, unfortunately, you may indeed have problems if you try to book a room for 2 when there are actually 4 of you.

I'd recommend trying Hotwire, and comparing that price to what you can get from other sites and specials. Maybe look at properties like the Holiday Inn Express (if it follows its usual pattern and allows children for free, which I haven't checked in Manhattan).

I agree... in Disneyland and other family friendly areas booking double occupancy when you'll really be quad occupancy is less of an issue and may be worth any risk... but in NYC the percentage of rooms which only have one bed and can only accommodate double occupancy is too high.

As suggested i would try searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children to see what is offered and start there.

Did you have any success for your previous European hotel stays?? Please follow-up your previous threads with whatever you ended up doing for each stay. Thanks.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]