Hotwire Hotel: 4* MTC in NYC which hotel?

maggiemay
By maggiemay,
in

hi all~ i was on HOTWIRE yesterday and on their homepage they showed a NYC 4-star hotel for $33! i tried to click on it several times but when i did, the offer was not listed on the next page they bring you to. i kept trying and trying, but i could not get to the place where you book it. has anyone else had this happen? this is the second time this has happened to me, the first time i just thought it was a glitch.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure of your previous incident, but a 4* hotel in NYC for $33 doesn't sounds like somthing that would be bookable. I'm guessing that the 'deals' section of their site is likely automated, and a hotel which mistakenly loads a rate and then quickly cancels it could result in the 'offer' being shown in the deal section fo their site for a few hours even after cancellation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you for responding thereuare! yeah, i thought it was too good to be true also, but this was the second time it happened. the first time it happened, i called the 800 number and the operator told me i could indeed book the $33 4-star room in nyc with her over the phone. being a very skeptical person, i chose not to give my credit card number at that time. just not worth the risk. do you think it would have been safe to go ahead with it?

hi all~ would like to take my teenage boys into the city and stay at le parker meredian. they like the pool! will the le parker meredian have the "pool" icon listed on their amenities? i see a 4* midtown central hotel for june 30th to july 1st (one night only) for $139. which hotel do you think this might be? thanks for any help :)

hi thereuare~ the amenities listed are restaurant, fitness center, high speed internet, business center and spa. i always just put in the default, double occupancy (adults) when i do my searches.

i was also wondering about another offer i saw for a MTC 3*. i usually want 4* and above, but this one has a "pool" icon and i know my boys would like a hotel with a pool so i would consider a 3* if it had one. do you know which nyc hotels have good pools? i've been to the one at le parker meridian and that's nice, but it's the only one i've seen, they are hard to come by in nyc hotels : (

i keep seeing what i believe to be the embassy suites hotel offered which is a good choice for us because of the full-on breakfast they include (which in my case would cost me about $30.00 if i were to bring the boys out for a breakfast that size), if we can't get a hotel with the pool.

is it safe to assume that the downtown/soho 4* hotel shown with the icons: suite, breakfast, gym and all the other typical icons would DEFINITELY be the embassy suites every time? i am trying to become an expert at knowing exactly what i'm going to get by looking at the icons and the area the hotel is offered in. this website has been such a superb tool in achieving that!!

thank you thereuare~ hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

~peace

i always just put in the default, double occupancy (adults) when i do my searches.

This isn't recommended, especially in NYC, as the offerings and prices will often change when changing the occupancy... this is especially true in NYC.

What is currently offered via HOTWIRE when you search for your 'true' occupancy? (and how many adults/children is it that you're searching for)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
thank you for responding thereuare! yeah, i thought it was too good to be true also, but this was the second time it happened. the first time it happened, i called the 800 number and the operator told me i could indeed book the $33 4-star room in nyc with her over the phone. being a very skeptical person, i chose not to give my credit card number at that time. just not worth the risk. do you think it would have been safe to go ahead with it?

Hi maggiemay,

Just to let you know that you are not alone in these "glitches". I had one happen about two years ago for a San Francisco offering -- which was also priced WAAAAY too low (similar to your NYC pricing)! After it not going through twice, I also called the hotline. Although I was willing to have the CS person book it for me (not so happy about that because I really wanted to continue booking online to use the HOTWIRE link above), she was also unable to get it booked. She ultimately gave up trying to get the booking done. The price disappeared shortly thereafter from the website.

So, even though it's no longer necessary for your inquiry here, do know that even Hotwire can make mistakes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]