Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

travelbrew
By travelbrew,
in

#1 criteria is to stay in 'downtown Seattle' so willing to do a 4, 3.5, or 3 for 3 nights (headed to Portland for 4 nights after) I would really like to get something for about $75 but it doesn't seem like the 3.5 star or 3 star are budging at that price either and on HOTWIRE that time period has extremely high prices.

I have been using Bonus Cash, do you think this is hurting my chances?

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel at $125/nite and a 3.5* at $112/nite... i wouldn't consider these 'extremely high' for Seattle in the summer.

If you're not willing to raise your bid (like i said previously, a bit more, maybe $105-$115 may be enough for a 4* hotel) i would book a refundable back-up and continue to bid 3-4 times per week.

I don't think the bonus money is hurting... it's probably helping. Please use the links on the board with your bonus money as follows:

1) click the PRICELINE link on the board

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

3) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I've edited your topic title accordingly.

At this point what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Are both (Seattle Center-Space Needle) and (Seattle Downtown-Pike Place) acceptable or is Downtown-Pike Place the only zone you're willing to accept?

Let us know the above and we'll take a closer look at these dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Still not cheap by any means, but given the high demand for this nite too i think you did well and received a very nice property (ask for a high floor if possible as the views from some of the rooms here are fantastic)

Glad to see you were able have some flexibility in your plans in order to make this one 'work'.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks, I will call and request a high floor.

To others this is also a lesson learned to always book a back-up refundable hotel :) Which I should have done back in the spring when I booked the flights.

I think we'll be everything we wanted to do with our time in Seattle. I've booked the 5pm train from Seattle to Portland, so we'll have an extra night in Portland then previously planned

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]