Priceline Hotel: Cheap Hotels near Manhattan

limpbizkiteur
By limpbizkiteur,
in

Hello everyone,

As I am going to Montreal the 1st of August I would like to spend about 5 days or 4 nights in Manhattan. I have planned to go there with my girlfriend from the 7th to the 11th of August. I am currently a student so I have not much money to spend on Hotels. As it is really expensive in Manhattan I was told to find one outside. I have looked for Jersey City and found Hotels at about 80$ the night (for a couple).

I have found Howard Johnson North Bergen Nj, and Holiday Inn Express North Bergen Lincoln Tunnel.

I really don't care of the room, I'd juste like a private bathroom but if I find a good location with shared bathroom it does not matter.

I want an hotel not so far from Times Square with easy access by public transport.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thank you,

Guillaume.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What i believe to be the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands is available for your stay for $86/nite which i think would be a good choice... bus stop at the corner, some fast food restaurants/convenience store nearby, and about 20 minute bus ride into the city.

Downside is that the bus stops ~1am or so which could be a problem if you intend to stay our late.

Be careful with 'blindly' choosing a Jersey City hotel as while the waterfront area is perfect for an easy commute into the city, a lot of the lower rated hotels are along Rte 1&9 which is not very convenient to the city.

Will you have a car?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you thereuare.

Firstly, when I look for Crowne Plaza Meadowlands it shows me $112 per night and not $86. Moreover it is on the opposite side of Manhattan?

Did you take a look to the 2 hotels I cited because I think they are better located, don't you think so?

An hotel located in Weehawken NJ would be perfect to take the ferry or else?

I won't have a car juste public transport.

Firstly, when I look for Crowne Plaza Meadowlands it shows me $112 per night and not $86. Moreover it is on the opposite side of Manhattan?
It's avaialble on HOTWIRE... not 100% certain it's the Crowne Plaza, but it matches previous reports for that property. What do you mean "on the opposite side of Manhattan"... it's on the NJ side just like the other two hotels you referenced (it's actually in between the two, to be precise)
Did you take a look to the 2 hotels I cited because I think they are better located, don't you think so?
Neither are great choices in my opinion... what is the rate of each?
An hotel located in Weehawken NJ would be perfect to take the ferry or else?
The fery is super expensive... like ~$7 each way per person, adding about $30 to your 'true' daily costs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure what advice you want regarding this property... you know the name and location so you can easily research this to find out the pros/cons. AFAIK, it's close to the subway, the neighborhood is good during the day, but some areas can get a bit sketchy at nite (accordingly to my wife)

The opaque providers are not for everyone... you need to be flexible in what you're willing to accept and in exchange you can get a great deal/discount. With the hotel above you'll get a $110/nite room for $110/nite... whereas with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you can likely get a room for 25%-50% off, but you give up the ability to you choose the hotel you will receive.

• 1 month later...
In the United States you will not find any hotels with shared bathroom. You only find shared bathroom at hostels or a few B & B type places, but never at any of the chain hotels or motels.

You're correct that the major chains don't offer shared bath, but there are hotels, not hostels and not B&B's, where they offer shared bathrooms... Belleclaire Hotel and The Pod NYC are two which immediately come to mind without any web searching or giving it much thought, i'm sure there are plenty of others.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]