Free Chicago Attraction/Entertainment/Shopping Coupons

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

The City of Chicago used to offer a Guide to Special Values book at visitor's centers - it was never publicized ever, but it offered FANTASTIC coupons on various attractions and other city sights.

The coupon book now appears to have been taken online by the city. There are some very good coupons, such as a 2-for-1 at the Museum of Science and Industry and shopping coupons like 15% off Filene's Basement.

http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/supp..._Discounts.html

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Aaron JB this is FANTASTIC Big Thank you...

Do you know if you have anything like this for other places ie Denver, Niagara Falls/Toronto, Michigan.??

Great help... The only thing I couldn't find, maybe cus I don't know how to look it up was Baseball at Chicago. We want to see the game White Sox VS New York Yankees on Friday 27th August. Any advice would be appricated, thanks from Leisa

Unfortunately, this online coupon book is put out by the city of Chicago. In terms of other cities, I would browse the online visitor's section on the websites for other major cities to see if they offer similar attraction coupons. The coupons for Chicago at the above link used to be put out in a book at Visitor's Centers around the city, but they appear to have now gone online.

There are definitely tickets available on the White Sox website for the 8/27 game.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, it looks like the coupon book wasn't replaced after the last book recently expired. I hope they reconsider as the coupons were terrific. They used to have physical coupon books at the visitor's information centers - if you are by either you can stop in and see if they have anything.

Chicago Cultural Center

Visitor Information Center

77 E. Randolph Street

Chicago Water Works

Visitor Information Center

163 E. Pearson Street

Visitor Information Center Hours:

Mondays - Thursdays: 8 am - 7 pm

Fridays: 8 am - 6 pm

Saturdays: 9 am - 6 pm

Sundays: 10 am - 6 pm

Holidays: 10 am - 4 pm

Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]