Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Marriott Eaton Centre

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi., I'm going from Baltimore - Tororont on March 25th, returning on 26th. I would want to stay in Toronto for the night of 25th, returning the ff day.

I'm new to this, and just learning the ropes on bidding - but I realized that some people on this board are able to make an educated or lucky guess on the hotel that is being offered. How can you do that?

And any other place on this board to get such tips.

cheers - Noela

Hi., I'm going from Baltimore - Tororont on March 25th, returning on 26th. I would want to stay in Toronto for the night of 25th, returning the ff day.

I'm new to this, and just learning the ropes on bidding - but I realized that some people on this board are able to make an educated or lucky guess on the hotel that is being offered. How can you do that?

And any other place on this board to get such tips.

cheers - Noela

Hi,

I must admit, i have done Ebay purchases, but never got the guts to do travel bidding - so this afternoon i made my first attempt.

I'm going there in two weeks along with a friend just for a brief sightseeing... I realized that priceline had great hotels in the downtown area.

i went to priceline and bid $40 for a zone 3 hotel in downtown Toronto. it came back rejected with a counter offer of an additonal $12. I raised it to 52, and got it.

Here are the details:

Marriott Toronto Downtown Eaton Centre

Downtown Toronto

525 Bay Street

Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L2

416-597-9200

Check-In Date: Fri, Mar 25, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Mar 26, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $52.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $52.00 (US dollars)

Taxes & Service Fees:

$12.13 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $64.13 (US dollars)

I know Toronto very well, having lived there for 10 yrs - there is a convenient city underground parking nearby for next to nothing.

so i think it is a great deal - the hotels quality rooms start at about $140 Cdn ($112 USD), hence I'm paying close to 2/3rds of what i will pay retail. Well, if not, please let me know how I could do better next time.

Your web site is an inspiration - thanks for the very good work.

best - Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]