Priceline Hotel: Need Help with Springfield IL Hotel-July 23rd to July 24th

Ronnie 9
By Ronnie 9,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

These are the PRICELINE hotels that have been reported to the board.

Springfield

3* Crowne Plaza

3* Hilton Springfield

2.5* Holiday Inn Express (previously 2*)

1* Signature Inn

Springfield (South)

2* Fairfield Inn

There definitely may be other hotels that have not yet been reported to the board, as there have not been many posts about Springfield. What would be your desired budget for hotel for the night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you very much for your help Aaron! I have seen people got Crowne Plaza for as low as $50, which is pretty much what I plan to spend. I started my bid with $30 today, and was rejected. Do you think there it possible to go lower than $50? Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...
Thank you very much for your help Aaron! I have seen people got Crowne Plaza for as low as $50, which is pretty much what I plan to spend. I started my bid with $30 today, and was rejected. Do you think there it possible to go lower than $50? Thank you for your help!

I see HOTWIRE showing:

Springfield area Hotel

2* - $49 - Comp. Breakfast, Laundry, Internet, Golf

3* - $65 - Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet

2.5* - $89 - Comp. Breakfast, Internet

3.5* - $99 - Comp. Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry, Internet, Golf, Tennis

It's interesting that the 3* is only $16 more than the 2* but the 2.5* is another $24 higher. Looks like they're all over the board.

From the Hotwire Hotel List - Illinois I see:

Springfield

3* Crowne Plaza

Amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

2* Extended StayAmerica - Rockford East

Amenities: Laundry

(Though I'm not quite sure why the "Rockford East" is listed there except maybe it got slipped down because the "Rockford" list is just above the Springfield one.) Anyway, maybe the $65 is the Crowne Plaza based on this info? The Priceline list posted by AaronJB above shows another "3* Hilton Springfield" so it could be in there too but just hasn't been won yet I would guess.

There is an event in the area the weekend you're looking for so I suspect this could be affecting the prices somewhat. I'm not sure which exact hotels these might be, but you can call some places directly and get like $59 or so, making these deals not the greatest, if you're picky about what you do get. I'm actually just starting to look for a deal myself, preferably in or near the Hilton, I think it's about $89 or so direct... wondering about that $65 one now.

2.5* - $89 - Comp. Breakfast, Internet

Now:

2.5* - $53 - Comp. Breakfast, Internet

The $89 price is no longer listed.

Also, the Crowne Plaza amenities seem to match up very closely with the Hilton Springfield. Any way to tell the difference or if it actually even appears in Hotwire?

bradrob,

If you're looking for help for your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Well, actually I only sort of was... I mean, I was looking for my own place, but since he had asked and I was looking for the exact same night, July 23rd, ...
Could anyone help me identify the 3-star hotels in Springfield, IL? What is likely the successful bidding price (One night on July 23rd)? Thank you for your help.
I figured I'd post my findings (though he asked another question...
... Do you think there it possible to go lower than $50? Thank you for your help!
and no response since, so maybe he found what he was looking for long ago, unlike myself as I had pretty much just started a day or two ago now,) and respond to...
Prices do look a little high for this date; I'm guessing it will likely take $45/47-50, although possibly more if something is going on on these dates in Springfield.

since I KNOW an event is going on there for the day/night being commented on.

But, if that was inappropriate and I should have started a new topic (or just kept my mouth shut, er... fingers from typing,) I apologize and I guess I'll try to remember to do that next time.

Sorry to be a pest. :-(

There is an event in the area the weekend you're looking for...
Welcomed info in this thread.
Now:

2.5* - $53 - Comp. Breakfast, Internet

The $89 price is no longer listed.

Also, the Crowne Plaza amenities seem to match up very closely with the Hilton Springfield. Any way to tell the difference or if it actually even appears in Hotwire?

Please start a NEW TOPIC for this info since it's for your stay... not the OP's :)

Hope that explains/clarifies a bit as we've found this helps keep the board better organized and prevents threads from getting hijacked.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]