Hotwire Hotel: 3* Providence-Newport (Warwick-West Warwick-Cranston) La Quinta Inn

NancyR
By NancyR,
in

Used your HOTWIRE link to book a room in Providence/Warwick, Rhode Island for one night, 07/2/2010.

Offered at $59/night; with taxes and fees the total comes to $74.02.

Amenities listed for this 3* hotel included:

- Airport shuttle

- complimentary breakfast

- fitness center

- pool

- business center

- laundry facilities

- high speed internet access

I was just sure I was going to get the Hampton Inn but, disappointingly, got LaQuinta Inn & Suites. (Our flight gets in around midnight; shuttle service stops at 11pm. Thanks, LaQuinta....)

Oh well, better luck to me next time.

-- Nancy R.

• 5 weeks later...

*** VERY INTERESTING UPDATE ON THIS PROPERTY ***

After I'd made my selection and found out the hotel was the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, I read some reviews online and was quite uneasy about the choice I'd made. I'd finally decided I was just going to swallow the $75, not use the reservation and chalk it up to "oh well, better luck next time." Believe me, I'm not well-off by any stretch but I DO insist on a nice hotel so it was going to be worth it to me to just pass on this room. Just the other day I decided to contact Hotwire and let them know of my concern about this hotel and the reviews I'd read online. I asked if it was at all possible to get a refund....I wasn't expecting to but thought I at least had to make an attempt.

Here's the reply I got:

"We periodically review our representation of our hotel partners' star rating. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 2.5-Stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our customers are very important to us, and we would like to ensure that you are provided with the best possible experience.

As such, we would like to offer you the option of either canceling the reservation for a full refund, or keeping the reservation and receiving 15 HotDollars for use toward future bookings on our site......"

I was amazed! As I said, I didn't really expect much, but at least wanted to make them aware of this property and the reviews it had been getting and they came through for me! Of course I took the refund -- and thanked them for their wonderful customer service (though I opted to find a hotel on my own this time.)

So, make note of the new star rating and also the fact that Hotwire DOES listen and is willing to work with you if there's a problem (and I hadn't even checked into the property yet!).

Thanks for letting me update!!

-- Nancy R.

Thank you so much for letting us know about the change in star rating so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List for the state.

Glad to hear that HOTWIRE was responsive to your email and worked out the situation quite well. Please let us know what you decide when you do rebook and if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]