Priceline Hotel: Clearwater Beach

dennise
By dennise,
in

One strange thing about this area, is I haven't seen anybody win anything in Clearwater Beach ever, I've even searched that "other" bidding message board and couldn't find anything from the Clearwater Beach area over the past year (before that dominatrix banned me :) )

also, we don't see much come up in the St. Pete Beach area either (when we do it's very expensive, for priceline that is), also I can't remember seeing the Clearwater area come up either

likely, it's they don't have access to inventory there, usually we see priceline have access in big cities like Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, etc.

alternative is Hotwire to find something in Clearwater Beach area-----right now it has

$163 for 3*

$187 for 2.5*

$130 for 2*

which is absolutely horrible, this is cheap considering the beachside hotels go for a few hundred, but still this is horrible

if you really want this area, I suggest staying in St. Petersburg and drive to Clearwater Beach (30-50 miles I believe), you can get 3* in St. Petersburg area very cheap from priceline (St. Petersburg Hilton)

you probably could get a Clearwater Beach hotel through priceline but you'd have to bid so high you might as well pay rack rate or use Hotels.com or Expedia.com, etc.

priceline might not be the best idea in this area...sorry :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]