Priceline Hotel: 3* Kansas City (Sports Complex-Independence) Holiday Inn SE Waterpark

shammes53
By shammes53,
in

I'm looking at Hotwire for a hotel in the KC Independence-Sports Complex area, there is a 3* property with these amenities: Fitness center, pool and restaurant. The price is $54 per night (6/30 to 7/1) Could this be the Clarion?

Also, there is a 2.5* property ($112) with these amenities: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business and Laundry. Other than being listed as a "suite" hotel, it is almost a match for the Drury Hotel which is listed here as a 3* property. Any thought on that? Thanks

The 2.5* property has not yet been reported to the board, but the Drury Inn has 'regular' rooms as well as suites, so i don't think that is likely the property being offered. The Comfort Suites looks like a good possibility, and that would be my best guess for this 2.5 star property, but i'm far from certain.

The 3* has not yet been reported to the board, and with so many 3* properties in this zone offering these amenities, i don't think i'll be able to gain much insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying for weeks to get a hotel near the Sports Complex without any success, tried bids up to $55 on 2.5* and 3* bids. I was almost ready to try another area or book from Hotels.com, but finally snagged this property last night.

I started my bidding at $38 dollars and with increases of $1 or $2 on the rebids, had success at $50 and never saw any counter offers. The reviews are mixed on this property, but it is within walking distance of Kauffman Stadium where we will be taking in a Royals - White Sox game. The hotel also has a shuttle to the game, we will see how that works out. I doubt if we will make use of the waterpark, as that would cost extra. Not a bad deal for this property, best rate is $82 on hotel website. As always I used the PRICELINE link to PRICELINE shown above :)

Holiday Inn Kansas City SE- Waterpark Sports Complex - Independence

9103 East 39th Street Kansas City, Missouri 64133

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00 Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Fees: $16.12 Total Charges*: $66.12

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]