Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown North) The Sutton Place Hotel

Timothy Denike
By Timothy Denike,
in

Disaster! Was looking for a hotel in Downtown Toronto and ended up with TWO priceline reservations due to an accidental booking in a zone I don't want.

Starting bid using Betterbidding PRICELINE link.

$75 Downtown Toronto North

$80 Rebid zone: Brampton

$85 Rebid zone: Burlington

$90 Rebid zone: Don Valley

$95 Rebid zone: Mississauga

$100 Rebid zone: Oakville

$105 Rebid zone: Scarborough

$110 Rebid zone: Toronto East <- :) Accidentally clicked "Toronto AIRPORT east" - which was immediately accepted

Since this hotel is absolutely nowhere near where I need to be, and Priceline customer service refused to help me out here, I'm booking two reservations. Restarted:

$115 Rebid zone: Toronto East

$125 Rebid zone: Toronto West

$135 Rebid zone: Vaughan ACCEPTED

Won: The Sutton Place Hotel - $135/night

Also "won" the Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport $110/night down the drain. :)

Any advice from you or other forum readers how I can get myself out of this jam would be appreciated.

Very sorry to hear about the mistaken reservation. :)

PRICELINE has - in the past - sometimes allowed one exception for users in a case like this, although I believe they charge a fee. I'm a little surprised that they didn't make an exception in this case, but I'd try calling again and explaining the situation again and offering the evidence that you now have two reservations for the same dates.

If you could post the Westin purchase as a separate thread so that 'win' will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]