AK Anchorage Millennium Hotel Anchorage

travelhol
By travelhol,
in

Our non-smoking room on the 3rd floor looked out on the parking lot. Although I had called the hotel beforehand and told them we would be arriving late and wanted a non-smoking king room, when I got there, I was told there were no non-smoking rooms available. After I complained very vocally, they finally found one for us. The room was large, bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows. Blackout curtains at window. Impt in June when 19 hrs of daylight. Plenty of good quality towels in bathroom. Hotel has two coin op washing machines and dryers, which is convenient if you are traveling for a long time. Lobby was clean but smelled of cigar smoke from bar. Personnel at reception and at concierge desk were not too friendly or helpful. Poor location without a car - 15 min. from downtown. Hotel advertises that it has a shuttle but it does not go at hrs when you might want to go - and sometimes only every two hrs. Also, only has room for 10 people, so you might be out of luck. $15 taxi to/from downtown. There is a public bus that stops across from the hotel. If you get the Millenium, go on line to People Mover, the transit system and get sched. for # 7 bus, which goes to the hotel. It is exact change. Can't remember if you can put $ bills in or if you need change.

• 3 years later...

I bid for this hotel on May 29, $156.82 night charge for Hotwire $139 night at the Airport. Read my review on this property under hotel reviews and beware. While the Hotel is very close to the Airport and has a shuttle to 2:30 am which is very convenient it is poorly managed and the rooms are very dated.

I had a long wait on check in and the process should be easy at 2am with 2 desk clerks. the walk to the rooms was over the length of a football field (really)

no problem but the Air-conditioner was noisy and the toilet wouldn't stop running all night.

The Restaurant is well run and the food was great, not to mention the view of the Float Plane base. So I thought it would all even out with a few good points and a few bad ones.

I get home and when my credit card statement came i had 3 separate charges $115.75 $23.00 $1.00. There were no charges on my bill when i checked out so i called the hotel and asked for accounting. Call went to voice mail. after leaving 2 messages and no return call. I did the same with the hotel manager, still haven't had a return call.

I used this site to research and the link to HOTWIRE to book the hotel. I saved $20 over the normal Hotel sites price but sure have had the runaround since.

I have used this site often and have been very pleased with most of my bids. DONT BID ON 3* AT ANCHORAGE AIRPORT if you want to avoid the hassles with the Millennium Hotel Anchorage.

• 3 weeks later...

We also incurred an extra charge on our credit card. We prepaid for our room on Hotwire, then had room charges for dinner and internet, which we settled when we checked out. In addition to that charge, was another charge for around $75. I e-mailed the hotel and got no reply. Called and got sent to someone's voice mail. Left a message and no reply. I'm now disputing the charge through AmEx. Should be interesting to see what happens. This stay was in late May 2010. Other than this issue, the hotel was fine, but not worth the hassle in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here in May 2010 with my nephew. Some upgraded rooms since I had stayed there a few years ago, but our room (alleged lake view) was at least the length of a full pitch away from check-in! The "view" was of an old cabin that you might be able to see through to Lake Hood. If you don't have a car, this isn't the place to stay as the shuttle was very inconsistent to downtown and nothing in the area to do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]