ak_jorge
By ak_jorge,
in

Car daily rate (Hotwire hot Rate): $19.95

Rental days: 8

Subtotal: $159.60

Tax recovery charges and fees: $65.83

Total price: $225.43

This is a one-way rental, picking up at DCA (Reagan National Airport) and dropping off at IAD (Dulles Airport), though I think that only boosted the daily rate by about $1.

Interestingly, I unsuccessfully attempted to book this rental through PRICELINE yesterday. Today when I went back to increase my price, I got a message that there are absolutely no Name Your Own Price rentals available in the entire DC area for these dates. I even checked surrounding cities in Virginia and Maryland and received the same message!

I think the best I could have done on PRICELINE would be a total of $185-$200, so I'm pretty happy with the HOTWIRE rate. It is still over $100 less than any published rate (even with coupons and discounts).

Used the HOTWIRE link to start my search. Thanks, BB!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow-up....

When I arrived to pick up my car (which was supposed to be a full size), they told me they only had a Toyota Prius available. I was curious to drive the Prius, but was surprised that this would be considered a "Full Size" vehicle.

When I found the car, the driver's window was open and the interior was soaked from heavy rains. I went back to the garage booth and told the folks there. They initially told me they had nothing else available, but then another fellow came up and said they had just received a new Chrysler Sebring sedan with 12 miles on the odometer. I happily drove away on leather seats listening to satellite radio for the next week.

Hertz made good!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]