Priceline Hotel: NYC June 25-27

shaneandjenn
By shaneandjenn,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For a first trip to NYC, if you're able, i would recommend staying directly in the city... but you don't necessarily have to stay in Times Square itself. Approximately what are you thinking in terms of budget so we'll be able to suggest your best options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We would like to keep it around 150 a night. I've noticed that most hotel wins seem to be around 200+ a night. We would like to stay in a 4*. My big problem is most flights out don't leave until 7-8 pm back to our home. Since I've found most check-out time to be around 12 we don't know what to do after check-out and leaving the airport since we'll have all of our stuff with us. We've looked into a rental car and the price is just too high. We're still open to the airport we can use and it seems that a cab ride into the the city and back runs approx. $45 each way. Is this the best way to get in and out of the city? Sorry for so many questions, we're just trying to make the ebst use of our time and would not like to sit around for 5+ hours with all of our stuff and no place to go.

I think the best way to get to the airport probably differs on which airport, and which time of day.

But if you have a noon checkout, and a flight at 8 PM, just store your bags at the hotel, presuming it's in the city.

Then come back around 4:30 or so, get your stuff, and head out to the airport by whatever method. The only cost will be the bellman tips.

You're right that if you don't stay in the city, those last few hours could be a bit awkward.

At the moment your budget won't likely be enough for a 4* hotel and i think these are your two best options:

1) lower your star rating to 3.5* (or more likely 3*) and stay in the city near your budget (what i'm guessing is the Holiday Inn on 57th St is available for $179/nite). You may not have the hotel experience you're looking for, but you'll like have a better NYC experience than if you stay outside of the city.

2) look toward Hoboken/Jersey City where you can easily commute into the city via PATH train. The trip to midtown is a little longer on weekends (~20 minutes to midtown) and during the day the trains run about every 15 minutes... reducing to about every 20 minutes after 11pm and then every 30 minutes after 2am. You lose the "vibe" of NYC by staying outside of the city and the flexibility of easily heading back to your hotel during the day to drop off bags, relax for 20 minutes, change before dinner, etc... but the 4* hotels in this area are all fairly new (the Hyatt is the oldest at ~6 years old but is well maintained and has nice NYC views).

Let us know how you'd like to play it or any questions you have regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]