Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

wwintx2010
By wwintx2010,
in

We have a cruise out of Seattle in August 2010 and plan on going out 2 days early to see a little of Seattle before the cruise leaves. This means we will be flying in on a Saturday and checking out on a Monday.

Now to my question. Is it better to wait until closer to the time you need the hotel room or is there any advantage (better room, lower price, etc) to bidding and booking early?

When you use traditional booking methods sometimes booking something, a flight, cruise or hotel room you may get an advantage (i.e. lower price, better room) by booking early or by booking late. I'm just trying to figure out if this is true using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

I'm totally new to the PRICELINE and to Betterbidding so please be kind in your replies.

Thanks and have a great next trip.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Once you're ready to begin bidding let us know the parameters of your stay (dates, desired star rating, maximum bid, etc) and we'll try to help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked the Seattle Westin for a 2 night stay before our cruise in August for $110 a night. I started at $75 and kept going up $5 a bid until I was accepted at $110. I used the technique described on this web site of changing my bid each time by adding areas that didn't have 4* properties to try to make sure I didn't end up in an area of town we didn't want to be.

I used the link above on betterbidding.com to go to PRICELINE to make my bid.

Thanks for the help. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]