Priceline Hotel: 2* Galveston (West Beach-Moody Gardens) BeachComber Inn

TexasPrincess
By TexasPrincess,
in

So, I have been trying for the last couple of days to find a nice hotel for cheap on priceline. No success. I finally gave up and accepted that I would have to try for a 2* hotel in order to go at all this weekend June 11-13. Well, I ran out of bids so I redid my bidding just with 1 night (because priceline usually offers that you can add a second night, I figured it wouldn't be a problem.) I won the Beachcomber Inn for $80 plus fees made it 100.04. Well, guess what! I checked the Beachcomber's website, and they offer the same room for $97.69. So, I immediately called priceline. They gave me the difference and $25 back (credit to my card), and they said to watch for $50 in bonus cash for a future trip. Total cost for the one night is $72. I can't believe I am paying so much for a 2* hotel. I know it's galveston, but then again its galveston. I had planned to go for 2 nights, but the rate goes up for the second both on priceline and on their website, so I don't know. Maybe I will keep the trip short and just come back in the off season for much less. I am used to winning 3 star hotels on priceline in the $40s so, I am still having sticker shock.

Btw, I made my max bid at $115 for the 3.5 star hotel and didn't win it for this weekend. When I was on the phone with the priceline guy, he said there wasn't any inventory left for that star rating. I got the $80 hotel rate after bidding $65 and it said I should add $15.

I was on the phone for a total of 30 minutes. Customer service was nice.

If anyone is looking to visit galveston and has a car, maybe stay in Houston. There are tons of nice hotels for cheap on priceline.

Good luck!

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Priceline Hotel List

Can you also please confirm that this is in the (West Beach-Moody Gardens) zone?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Good to see that everything worked out well PRICELINE reagrding the rack rate for the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]