Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport-Huntington Beach) Marriott Newport Beach

edana
By edana,
in

Used PRICELINE link. Bid $65 for 2 rooms, 4* Newport/Huntington Beach, got counter-offer to raise it by $15. Instead I added free zones & rebid $69, rejected, $70, rejected, $72 rejected, then finally $74 and got it accepted by Marriott Newport Beach Hotel & Spa. Looking forward to the stay as it appears to be a nice hotel from which to show off a bit of So Cal to the in-laws visiting from Europe! Anybody know if it's bicycle friendly?

Congratulations on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this Marriott property! Glad you are pleased with the result. Hopefully a poster more familiar with the local area can discuss biking possibilities nearby.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Yes, the area is bike friend but only for 2 areas (balboa island and balboa peninsula - Newport Beach). Going up to huntington beach or down to Laguna are too far. You best bet is to bring a bike and then bike down to PCH (turn right on PCH) and turn left on Jamborree - take that over a super small bridge and you are in a quaint place called balboa island. Take it a little further down (few blocks) and turn right. go about 1 mile and you come to a 3-car passenger ferry. You can bring your bike on this ferry ($1 per person) and head over the balboa peninsula. Once there you are in a fun area and can access the beach.

Other biking area is a place called Back Bay but you would be heading east and going in the opposite direction from the beach.

In short, you need a car here but there is parking on the street (except during the week between like 8-6). Or you could park in the mall but you MAY get a ticket (do that at your own risk).

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly the advice I was hoping for. If I can learn from your experience just a bit more, does the hotel have somewhere they let you keep bicycles, or the room, or just keep them on the car rack? Thank you tommy229!

If you like an ocean view and mild hills consider riding south on Pacific Coast Highway - PCH 1 - head to Corona Del Mar then Laguna Beach then Dana Point and back to your hotel in Newport Beach - end at Sabatino's (near Lido Aisle) for a cold beverage an the absolute best homemade fresh spicy Italian sausage in the world! :)

Used PRICELINE link. Bid $65 for 2 rooms, 4* Newport/Huntington Beach, got counter-offer to raise it by $15. Instead I added free zones & rebid $69, rejected, $70, rejected, $72 rejected, then finally $74 and got it accepted by Marriott Newport Beach Hotel & Spa. Looking forward to the stay as it appears to be a nice hotel from which to show off a bit of So Cal to the in-laws visiting from Europe! Anybody know if it's bicycle friendly?

I have been trying to book this hotel for days :)

I need any 4 days between the 14th-19th and have gone as high as $79 and nothing.

jpsychlady,

If you'd like help with your current Orange County pursuit please start a NEW TOPIC. Also, please follow-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas thread with whatever was ultimately done for that stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]