Priceline Hotel: 4* Providence (Downtown) Providence Hotel

pmenon
By pmenon,
in

Hi everyone !

Am planning to be in Philly and would like a hotel in Downtown or University Area zones. Looking for a 3.5* or higher. Have never been to Philly before, but would like hotel to be close to public transit for easy access, if possible. Have spotted a few good nightly rates on Orbitz, but think I can do better on PRICELINE.

It appears as though I can get some pretty decent hotels (Palomar, Sofitel) for around $160-170 a night.

Yep, I would be willing to pay a little more for a 4* vs 3.5*. I think my max bid would be around $120/night, all in. Of course, this being Philly, I am not too familiar with how hotel rates would compare to, say , NYC., where I've gone a bunch of times.

I visit Philly quite a bit and I always stay at 3.5* properties (Radisson Warwick, Crowne Plaza and the Marriott downtown) and I would recommend all very highly........and I have never paid more than 60$...well atleast since I have discovered PRICELINE and this site. :) All the downtown hotels are also convenient to public transit. Good luck.

So do you now what to try for the least expensive 3.5* or better (rather than paying more for a 4* vs. a 3.5*)

If so, what is your maximum bid amount (before taxes and fees)

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Decided to head over to Providence, RI instead of Philly, and shared my result in the Priceline-Rhode Island section. Thanks for the advice on Philly; its bound to come in useful when I make that inevitable trip to the City of Brotherly Love!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]