Hotwire Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (near Strip South) Silverton

mbstone
By mbstone,
in

I'd like to extend my stay at a certain LAS property, and unlike PL, HW has no extend-a-stay option. You can (presumably) rebook if you get the property right -- but the property I'm in doesn't exist anymore, at least with the exact amenities. There is a property in the same location and star level that's $3 cheaper (makes sense since the original booking was for a weekend), with one less amenity ("tennis nearby") and a lower "satisfaction rate." Does HW change these factors from day to day?

Update: I answered my own question, I think, by reading the HW hotel list:

3* Doubletree Club Near Strip South

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis

OR

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf

Update 2: Nope, we have to move to the Silverton tomorrow (or else negotiate with the hotel we're at, and forfeit what we paid HW). My track record on cherry-picking blind-bid hotels is pretty good, so chalk it up to the law of averages.

Wanted to extend my stay at the 3* Doubletree Club -- for some reason HW does not have an extend-your-stay feature like PL does -- so I gambled and lost, in the sense I didn't get the hotel I was already in and had to move, but I won in the sense that this is a very pleasant property. Serendipity, or karma if you will.

2 rooms @ $39 = $78 + $17.61 = $95.61

Monday night.

-----------------------------------------------

3-star hotel in Near Strip South - 65% favorable

This hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=114

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Congratulations on your success. :)

Sweet deal for this property, and glad to hear you are enjoying your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List for the state, as well.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]