Hotwire Hotel: 3* London (Ealing-Hammersmith) Express Holiday Inn Park Royal

ecoholic
By ecoholic,
in

zone 4 London I have yet to find one hotel website that allows 2 adults and 1child? what gives... If I PRICELINE or HOTWIRE what extra fees might I expect for a child ?

edit: ok found one but that is copthorne tara... can I priceline a family room at either priceline or hotwire?

edit: PRICELINE gets you a room with a bed, you might get two, you might not.. If you do not want to risk it, pay more and use HOTWIRE

It is a risk in any city. While you may get a hotel that is willing to work with you, the hotel does have the right to say no to two beds. It can also depend on availability and who you speak to. The "1 bed" issue is particularly high risk in some major cities (NY, Boston, DC), but it is a risk in general when using PRICELINE. If bedding (which generally means 2 beds, but can be 1 + sofabed) for 4 is needed, I'd recommended HOTWIRE, instead.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase. (advanced user please pm name)

Edit: PRICELINE gets you a room with a bed, you might get two, you might not.. If you do not want to risk it, pay more and use HOTWIRE (danny bonnaduci)

So I guess HOTWIRE it is! and cross the fingers?? Advice still apreciated!

In London, practically every hotel is strict about the two-person rule with Priceline. And it's true that many hotels in Zone 1 do not even have triple rooms. If you think about the fact that most London hotel stays probably come from business travelers, it makes sense.

Make sure to compare conventional booking prices (I like hotelscombined.com ) for a triple room before making a booking with HOTWIRE.

The Novotel St. Pancras is in Zone 1, and allows bookings with 2 adults, 1 child, booking directly.

Depending on the dates of your stay, London School of Economics holiday accommodation bookings can be a good deal for a family. See http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/ .

In London, practically every hotel is strict about the two-person rule

Thx much! sofitel in gatwick was fine with my son so maybe the 4 star at heathrow would be good too? dont mind the 4 quid sub ride out to heathrow going to have to reaserach this one since I think they might bemore flexible... thx for all the links! Cant believe how booked the economics school is... up to september! wow!

EDIT:Ended up getting the 3* express holiday inn park royal victoria (ealing hammersmith) via HOTWIRE for 59$ a night I searched HOTWIRE for 2 adults one child and came up with that...PS. I videoed the phone call with my webcam cause it somehow failed to mention the 2 adults one child on web checkout so I called them up! :) so hopefully everything goes smooth... thx forum!

best, E

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received what appears to be a nice deal for this stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase (you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page) as well as the dates of your stay so we can enable this win to appear on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]