Priceline Hotel: 3* Wilmington (Wilmington - Brandywine) Doubletree

bshor
By bshor,
in

I was looking at Hotwire at the same time I was doing Priceline, and it was offering me a 3.5* Wilmington hotel with restaurant, pool, fitness center only for $66 for 2/26/05.

From reading the threads in this area, I guess this can't be the Sheraton, but is either the DoubleTree (which I ultimately got on Priceline for $47) or the Wyndham.

Hi, I bid $40 for a 3* hotel in Wilmington for 2/26/05, which was rejected with a $52 counteroffer. I used the Newark area to get a free re-bid for a 3* at $47. This was accepted: this is the Doubletree. I would have been happy with any of the 3 3* in Wilmington, I think the Sheraton might be a bit nicer, but the location of the Doubletree is very good (as is the parking and pool amenities).

Is there any way of getting frequent traveler points on this stay, or do these programs exclude Priceline-generated stays?

Any advice for things to do on a Saturday night in Wilmington? I've never been to this city before.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

The Doubletree does not give frequent traveler points for stays made thru the opaque services, but i usually make it a point to hand them my frequent stay card along with my credit card nonetheless... sometimes they'll give you an upgrade anyway and it can't hurt, but could help.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bshor, the city of Wilmington rolls up its sidewalks at 5:00 on Fridays, but two things Delaware has going for it is no sales tax (there is a Comp USA about a mile from your hotel) and cheap liquor stores. I'm not sure what is going on in the evening, but you will be pretty close to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA; this is a good daytime activity. This is a 1000 acre property that was once owned by the DuPont family. You may also want to check out this site for things to do in WilmingtonWilmington Nightlife A few miles north of your hotel is a restaurant called Sullivans, it is an upscale steak house that is part of the Lone Star chain, but better quality. There is also an outpost of a Philly-are chain called Hibachi that features Japanese teppanyaki cooking and sushi.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]