Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hyatt Regency

jason370
By jason370,
in

am i taking crazy pills here or did i just read that like 3 days ago a woman got the hyatt regency for 85 bucks? i was thinking 95, maybe 100, but 131 no go?

i started with USE @85 and kept adding locations (5 or 6 i think) with higher bids up to 131, nothing. then i did the same with USW.

am i missing soemhting here? does anyone have any words of advice (or at least encouragement)?

thanks

jason

am i missing soemhting here? does anyone have any words of advice (or at least encouragement)?

Yes, you're missing something here. You didn't post your dates of travel! With that information, we're pretty much at a loss for giving advice and strategy (but we can still lend encouragement!).

So give us your travel date(s) and help us help you! :)

Also, for a basis of comparison, what are the 4* Hotwire rates for your travel date(s)?

Yes, you're missing something here. You didn't post your dates of travel! With that information, we're pretty much at a loss for giving advice and strategy (but we can still lend encouragement!).

So give us your travel date(s) and help us help you! :)

Also, for a basis of comparison, what are the 4* Hotwire rates for your travel date(s)?

oh...my bad. sorry.

travel dates ate june 25, 26, 27.

hotwire had 4 hotels:

1) Union Square East area hotel ( 4.5 stars) $135/night

Recommended in 85% of customer reviewers 500+ total reviews

Overall satisfaction 4.5

Condition of hotel 4.5

Quality of service 4.5

Room comfort 4.5

Room cleanliness 4.5

Location of hotel 4.0

2) Nob Hill area hotel (4 stars) $154/night

Recommended in 85% of customer reviewers 400+ total reviews

Overall satisfaction 4.5

Condition of hotel 4.5

Quality of service 4.5

Room comfort 4.5

Room cleanliness 4.5

Location of hotel 4.5

3) Hotel Monaco - A Kimpton Hotel 159/night

4) Hotel Palomar - A Kimpton Hotel 152.87/night

does this info help? if so can you tell me how, so i can be a better contributing member of this forum (now and going forward)?

thank you,

jason

Hotwire displays no 4* opaque availability in both USE and USW zones for your dates. That suggests most of the participating hotels have fairly high occupancy and don't (at the moment) see the need to liquidate rooms via Hotwire. It can also help explain why you struck out at $131 with Priceline in these same two zones. Hotwire does, however, have a 4.5* in USE (presumably the Intercontinental) for $136. As info, while this property is in USE on Hotwire, it is in the SOMA zone on Priceline. You *might* be able to beat Hotwire's $136 price if you bid 4* in SOMA on Priceline.

I monitor SF hotel prices fairly often, especially on weekends, and the prices for your travel dates are a little higher than normally, with Saturday, June 26 being the highest. This is somewhat out of the ordinary for SF on weekends, so my guess is inventory is tighter (and prices higher) due to the SF Pride weekend June 26-27.

Also, Hotwire is selling a 4* in the Embarcadero zone for $119 if you're willing to stay in that area of town. Again, you may score a lower price in this zone on Priceline.

We have a number of resident SF experts here on this forum (hello Colfax and slruud :) ) who might offer some other alternatives and/or suggestions if they see this thread.

Good luck!

wow...that was unbelievably informative and helpful ...thanks!

so, do we (you) know which hotel is which on HOTWIRE? i really want to stay in un sq that weekend so it would be helpful to know which is which if i decided to go that route.

i mostly travel to denver and always stay at the hyatt convention center which ive always gotted for 60-75/night when it was listed elsewhere for 150+/night so i was hopeful a similar situation might occur here...guess not.

thanks again and id certainly love to hear any further ideas...

grateful,

jason

I see the 4* on HOTWIRE in Embarcadero area for $109, and it appears to be the Hyatt Embarcadero. Lastminutetravel.com offers what also appears to be the Hyatt for 99/nite. However it's "on request."

The Embarcadero area is not too far from Union Square, so a lower bid mid net you something, like BEAV said. I prefer any of the 4* hotels in the Embarcadero area to some of the ones in USE/USW. If you were to get a hotel in the Embarcadero, it's easy enough to get to Union Square.

Exactly how many nights are you looking for Jason370?

Editing to add, it appears the SFO win was for the HOTWIRE SFO airport zone. The rates for this zone are usually quite cheaper than USE/USW/Embarcadero.

ok so good news and bad news...

good news:

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $81 was accepted by Hyatt Regency San Francisco

(thank you everyone)

Bad news:

i just read that there are links to use within this site which would have benefitted better bidding.com but i didnt know until after i won the bid...so , i suck but you have my word ill be using these links from now on.

as a matter of fact, i still have a plane ticket to buy for these dates, so perhaps i have an opportunity to redeem myself here. ive never used this site for flights but if anyone has any simple recommendations on getting a nonstop flight from nyc to sfo or oak, im all ears.

travel dates : jun 25, (preferably between 11am-3pm), return jun 28 (preferably between 10am-1pm)

no car needed, i think.

jason

Unless you want to pay exhorbatent (sp) parking fees. a car is not necessary. BART easily gets you from the airport. SFO or OAK to Embarcadero station which is right where the Hyatt is. For your stay, a three day Muni pass is appropriate. It allows for unlimited rides on cable cars. F-line trolleys. Muni busses. as well as Muni subway. A three day pass goes for $21 and is well worth the money. Also. understand that BART and Muni are two separate entities. Good luck.

Jason - No harm, no foul. Do use the links next time, though.

No car needed. BART and Muni are right there.

Hyatt is practically Union Square - a few short blocks and you're there. It's also across from the Ferry Building - a great place to pick up a coffee or some gourmet takeout eats or wine. $81 is a great price, BTW.

I'm not one of the SF big dogs - just a little dog who chimes in on occasion. I visit regularly for work and every so often, I have something worthwhile to add....

Jason, major congrats on a great score of $81! :)

If you're a SF newbie, you can trust slruud and Gallus50 when they say Hyatt Regency Embarcadero is practically Union Square. Whether on foot or by public transportation, it's a hop, skip, jump to USE area from Embarcadero. And, do visit the Ferry Building across from Hyatt Regency as Gallus50 suggested for ecletic dining, wining (if you're into that) and Saturday Farmer's Market.

As to your air issues, Priceline doesn't always give the bang for the buck w/airfare like they do hotels, but if you'd like, feel free to PM me and I'll give you a few tidbits of info.

Lastly, welcome to BetterBidding. :)

Congratulation son your success!

Nice to see you found something which works well for your needs and budget... glad to see the board was helpful in your purchase.

Thanks for sharing your win and for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your future purchases.

Enjoy your upcoming stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]