Hotwire Hotel: Pls help ID 3* North York-Vaughan $65

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

I need a place for Aug.6-11 close to York University(Rogers Cup tennis tournament) as we will not have a car and will use public transit.

3* North York-Vaughan with: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet and 80% recommended and ??200+reviews(I see 84 reviews on Trip Advisor for the Novotel North York and 26 for Residence Inn) and overall satisfaction of 4.0 and $65/night.

That does not exactly match the 2 on the Hotwire list: Residence Inn almost matches, or Extended Stay Deluxe (which I would stay at either of those for sure!) as neither of those have a restaurant.

Should I guess that it is the Novotel North York downgraded from a 3.5* or there is a new Novotel Vaughan opening in July and maybe this is it??

Anyone else have any ideas??? Thanks in advance for any help.

(There is also on Hotwire a 2* Brkfast,Business, Internet,Laundry, 90 % recommended and 4.5 satisfaction but I think that would be the HInn Express and it is too far away to take transit I think.)

There are many new hotels in this zone which have not been reported as wins yet, all located up near Hwy.7 and Hwy. 400, including a Hilton Garden, a Courtyard, the new Novotel and a new Residence Inn. All (except the Novotel which would involve a bit more travel) are fairly accessible to York U. by York Region Transit's "VIVA" Orange route, which runs 7 days a week.

The Holiday Inn Express is actually fairly close to York, although it would involve 2 buses (Finch to Jane Street and then Jane north to the University. The Jane bus might even loop through York -- you would need to check that out). There is also a Travelodge and a Comfort Inn right next to the HI Express.

HOTWIRE's North York-Vaughan area is huge, and also includes the Holiday Inn Yorkdale, which I don't believe has been reported before either, but would be great for your purposes. (Subway/bus combo. to York and very easy to get downtown as well if you want to do things after your tennis matches)

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Have fun at York (my Alma Mater!!) and Go Rafa!!

200+reviews(I see 84 reviews on Trip Advisor...)
Note that the number of reviews shown by HOTWIRE is feedback from their own customers, it has nothing to do with the number of reviews shown at Tripadvisor. See this HOTWIRE FAQ thread for more info.

The amenities for the 3* property above are common for a city hotel, but my guess would be the Novotel being downgraded from the previously reported 3.5* level (it hasn't been reported to the board via HOTWIRE in 2 1/2 years, so plenty of time for a downgrade to take place). Not sure if the new Novotel in Vaughn you're referring to is new construction or being taken over from another chain, but if new construction, it wouldn't have any HOTWIRE customer reviews or a tripadvisor user rating yet.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Update: Instead of using Hotwire I went through your Extended Stay link under Support/Travel Links tab and reserved the Ex.Stay Deluxe in Toronto-Vaughan for Aug. 6-11. It is a short bus ride(so they tell me) to York University and while it is NOT fancy, it has pretty good reviews in Trip Advisor and we can cook a bit and it has free breakfast.

The 5 nights were about $570?Cdn $ PLUS taxes on top.

I did see what I think/guess was the Hilton for Downtown Toronto for those specific nights on Hotwire for a good price a couple of weeks ago, but the thought of a 45 min. /subway bus ride to and from York Univ. for our whole trip of 10 days was a bit off-putting. (I am hoping it cools down in Toronto a bit for the tennis in August!!!)

Thanks for the info thereuare and robteb(and yes Rafa is on a winning streak eh??!!). :)

It is a short bus ride(so they tell me) to York University

The Extended Stay is less than a 5 minute bus ride to York on the "Steeles West 60" (except in rush hour when Steeles Avenue can get a bit congested). If you're up for a bit of exercise, it's probably only a 15-20 minute walk (which might actually be quicker in rush hour!!). Have a great time, and yes "Go Rafa!" again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]